Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

It's not gonna be THAT hot, is it? It's winter down there after all. Maybe around 20 c? I lived in South Africa for a few years, and during the WC the west side of the country was at a guess around 10 c most days.

Manaus

Recife

Salvador

Natal

Curitaba

Fortaleza

typically over 25C at 4pm kick off. there also are 1pm, 5pm and 7pm kick offs. 

Manaus when England play Italy will be at least 25C even for the 7pm kick off. try playing high tempo athletic physical football in that.

I think they can handle it. There've been plenty of WC's before with lots of heat and it hasn't shown that much. Ireland beat Italy in USA when it was really hot and no offence to our irish fellows but I'd guess that the italians would be a lot more prepared for the heat than the irish players were. And that was just one example. I wouldn't mind Delph getting into the squad at all, but the heat won't be an issue.

I don't disagree Henderson, Milner and Barkley are great athletes in the Premier League. However, it is a totally different climate. Powerful players like the mud and cold, they don't like the heat.

Different race horses perform better in different conditions under hoof. Similar for footballers. Powerful players do better in the mud. In the heat and dry Neymar lightweights will have a field day.

We need an England manager who understands Delph will gets a climate related bonus to his performances in Brazil.

AVFCRAMTIN - good point about Barry wilting in South Africa.

Has someone moved Leeds to Guinea Bassou while I wasn't looking?

I think Con has got a point in there but I don't think the race of the players he used as an example helped his argument. (Even though I know he didn't mean it that way). As for the heat making a difference I think it will be the reason Spain will yet again win the World Cup. Trying to get the ball back off them is hard enough as it is. never mind in +25 degrees.

It's not gonna be THAT hot, is it? It's winter down there after all. Maybe around 20 c? I lived in South Africa for a few years, and during the WC the west side of the country was at a guess around 10 c most days.

Manaus

Recife

Salvador

Natal

Curitaba

Fortaleza

Manaus when England play Italy will be at least 25C even for the 7pm kick off. try playing high tempo athletic physical football in that.

Any chance of a heat map?

• Like 3

Manaus

Recife

Salvador

Natal

Curitaba

Fortaleza

Any chance of a heat map?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manaus#Climate

• Like 2

That's why Delph isn't going to the World Cup. That performance summed him up in may ways, lots of running but some terrible decision making and no impact on the game when it was needed

That's why Delph isn't going to the World Cup. That performance summed him up in may ways, lots of running but some terrible decision making and no impact on the game when it was needed

What a crock. He's consistently been our best player this season. This game was the exception, not the rule.

Well he created our goal and he cant be blamed for our shocking defending. Head and shoulders above anybody else in our team today.

Cleverley article: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-tom-cleverley-barely-3297459

The last line is exactly why Delph should be ahead of him: "Perhaps a broader concern are his 13 caps for England. Looking at the visual and statistical evidence above, it’s difficult to believe that the English national team is desperate enough at midfield to pick Cleverley for a place on the World Cup squad. If they are, what does that say about England’s chances before things even get started?"

(Yes, I know he will have a world class performance against us today).

Â