Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Le Tissier

I'm 24 so Le Tissier was a bit before my time to be fair.

Paul Scholes?

Define "technically gifted"?

(FYI I think Wilshere has massive potential. But most Arsenal fans I know thin he's not good enough for them right now and probably not England, or he shouldn't be anyway. Basically, he needs to start realising that potential)

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Technincal gifted isn't the only way to measure a football player's talent, is it? Wilshere too often fails to live up to his potential. That's not a sign of a great player. Nor is he crap. He's good and talented, but atm I don't think he's better than Delph, even though he's more gifted.

That's a tough one to define precisely as I think it is one of those blanket terms and the criteria to qualify for such a label differs from one person to another.

Technical ability itself is judged upon a player's level of skill in all aspects with the ball such as touch, control, passing range, striking of the ball, dribbling etc. That's how I have always interpreted it at least.

You're the same age as me and you don't remember Le Tissier ?! Jesus christ son :D

Wilshere is nowhere near the most technically gifted English player in my opinion. I personally think Delph is better than him if we're talking about right now.

Wilshere has been built up as this amazing prospect, but I personally don't think he has ever delivered. Maybe he will in the future, but as things stand he is nowhere near good enough for Arsenal. The Ox has played better than him in the middle of the park.

You're the same age as me and you don't remember Le Tissier ?! Jesus christ son :D

Wilshere is nowhere near the most technically gifted English player in my opinion. I personally think Delph is better than him if we're talking about right now.

Wilshere has been built up as this amazing prospect, but I personally don't think he has ever delivered. Maybe he will in the future, but as things stand he is nowhere near good enough for Arsenal. The Ox has played better than him in the middle of the park.

I remember Le Tissier and some of the goals he scored but I don't remember his overall game in any detail.

I'll have to agree to disagree about Delph being better than him. As good as Delph has played for us in recent times, I wouldn't say he is good enough to play for a top-four side. Wilshere is and played amazingly well before the injury. Admittedly he hasn't been as good since returning but still has undeniable talent and just needs a little more consistancy. He certainly isn't 'crap' whatever the case.

The Ox was outstanding at Bayern. Although Wishere has played quite well for Arsenal this season I think although he's not a Ramsey who they have missed big time.

And let's not forget that before this season, many (including Arsenal fans) had written off Ramsey. I must admit that I thought the injury had completely ruined his development and didn't believe he would establish himself at Arsenal. He should serve as a lesson for those doing the same with Wilshere now.

Edited by Isa

I remember Le Tissier and some of the goals he scored but I don't remember his overall game in any detail.

I'll have to agree to disagree about Delph being better than him. As good as Delph has played for us in recent times, I wouldn't say he is good enough to play for a top-four side. Wilshere is and played amazingly well before the injury. Admittedly he hasn't been as good since returning but still has undeniable talent and just needs a little more consistancy. He certainly isn't 'crap' whatever the case.

The Ox was outstanding at Bayern. Although Wishere has played quite well for Arsenal this season I think although he's not a Ramsey who they have missed big time.

And let's not forget that before this season, many (including Arsenal fans) had written off Ramsey. I must admit that I thought the injury had completely ruined his development and didn't believe he would establish himself at Arsenal. He should serve as a lesson for those doing the same with Wilshere now.

If only some fans could take the same stance with our own players. Jean Makoun, Ireland and Bannan were also technically superior to many of our players but how did they perform, whereas Wilshire may be in your eyes be the most technical player, I have not seen him do it on the the biggest stage, for example IMO he could never do what Scholes, Gerrard and Lampard could do and that was dominate the midfield. Take the first game of the season at the Emirates as an example and he didn't like the fact that we didn't give him time and space.

• Like 1

A utd fan made a good point to me this morning. He Asked would i not be really pissed off if Cleverly got to WC and Delph didnt? He reckons if Delph was actually playing beside world class players at another team he would be World Class himself the type of way he plays

Honestly, Wilshere could have all of the technical ability in the world (which I don't think he does anyway), but the only things I remember him for on the pitch is complaining, whinging or being down injured. That is what I think of when I think of Wilshere.

As I said, maybe the injuries have halted his progress just like Delph's did. Delph is now seemingly over those injuries and is progressing just as we all thought he would, I know that even some Leeds fans have been happy seeing him progress because they always thought he would be something special.

Â