Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Back in light training, maybe Sheffield United game a good target for him?

after a cruciate injury?

no chance i wouldnt think

doubt we'll see him on the pitch for the first team til march at the earliest

Back in light training, maybe Sheffield United game a good target for him?

after a cruciate injury?

no chance i wouldnt think

doubt we'll see him on the pitch for the first team til march at the earliest

I'm more with POB.

Houllier has shown that he's prepared to throw players back in early if he has to. Albrighton was nowhere near fit against Liverpool, neither was Heskey last week for that matter.

Perhaps by this time we wont be so short on numbers, but I still think Houllier will be eager to see what Delph is made of, particularly with Mcallister nagging in his ear.

if we rush him back we're **** crazy

its a bad injury hes had, and he hasnt played football for the best part of a year. you cant throw someone like that, especially someone whos got **** all top flight experience as it is, into games without building him up for a month or 2 in the reserves

its a bad injury hes had, and he hasnt played football for the best part of a year. you cant throw someone like that, especially someone whos got **** all top flight experience as it is, into games without building him up for a month or 2 in the reserves

Don't disagree with you.

I just think that what we will do in the circumstances and what you would do in an ideal world are 2 completely separate things at the moment.

It sounds like he's going to be fit at around the same time as Petrov and Sidwell, so perhaps you might be right.

Petrov says the Blues away game is a realistic target for him, so perhaps sometime after that for Delph.

Don't need that much!

Well maybe I was being optomistic, but with Mac knowing Delph, Delph's quality, 1/2 games behind closed door with the likes of Sidwell is probably expected around January and then probably maybe more realistically should see him around on the first team bench about mid/end of Jan. So probably more around 4th round.

Don't need that much!

Well maybe I was being optomistic, but with Mac knowing Delph, Delph's quality, 1/2 games behind closed door with the likes of Sidwell is probably expected around January and then probably maybe more realistically should see him around on the first team bench about mid/end of Jan. So probably more around 4th round.

whether he's quality or not doesnt come into it. he's off training for over 6 months, thats even without considering the fact that hes had a really serious injury

2 games behind closed doors after a few weeks of light training is nothing close to what hes gonna need

There is **** all chance that he will be playing 1st team football before February. He's only just started LIGHT training after a very serious injury. If Houllier rushes him back and puts his career at risk he wants **** with a big stick!!!

Not worth the risk as we will have plenty of players coming back into the squad.

March is realistic.

He was pretty poo for the rest of the season though. Perhaps some kind of structured rehabilitation might be the answer here.

Though I genuinly wouldnt be surprised to see him on the bench way before expected, like Downing was at Burnley.

There is **** all chance that he will be playing 1st team football before February. He's only just started LIGHT training after a very serious injury. If Houllier rushes him back and puts his career at risk he wants **** with a big stick!!!

Not worth the risk as we will have plenty of players coming back into the squad.

March is realistic.

He trained a couple days with the first team and took part in a few activities, missed some out. (Probably the more contact stuff)...but light training is ball work, more than just running. I'd bet right now, he maybe isn't match fit but he's strong as ever through the gym work and he's also at a decent base fitness level.

I can't see why it would take 2 and a half months for him to go from ballwork, light training to 'around first team' basically....even however serious.

He'll be pretty much full training by early January and once he starts full training, he will only need match practise. Be back way before march.

Downing did okay, he was about 2 days into training and started every game until end of season :lol:

Whatever happens, I'm sure the team will get it right.

He didn't really though did he? :P

Back on topic, I hope to see him on the bench towards the end of January, coming on for the last 20 mins a few times. Who knows, he might struggle to get into the first team depending on who's fit and if we sign a CM in January.

March is realistic.

He trained a couple days with the first team and took part in a few activities, missed some out. (Probably the more contact stuff)...but light training is ball work, more than just running. I'd bet right now, he maybe isn't match fit but he's strong as ever through the gym work and he's also at a decent base fitness level.

I can't see why it would take 2 and a half months for him to go from ballwork, light training to 'around first team' basically....even however serious.

He'll be pretty much full training by early January and once he starts full training, he will only need match practise. Be back way before march.

I'm with you. I've had my cruciate ligament re-built and it isn't as bad as some make out if handled properly. I know Gary Mac has had the experience as well. I think he actually tried to defer a cruciate ligament operation by building up his hamstring so he could play in the euros (I think it was) but broke down. So he will be well aware of the recovery process.

I'm sure that the club will handle him properly though and ease him back in appropriately - reserve games, followed by sub appearances, followed by starts - and get him back in the side as quickly but as safely as possible. I personally hope he's back starting in February.

Â