Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

There is **** all chance that he will be playing 1st team football before February. He's only just started LIGHT training after a very serious injury. If Houllier rushes him back and puts his career at risk he wants **** with a big stick!!!

Not worth the risk as we will have plenty of players coming back into the squad.

March is realistic.

He trained a couple days with the first team and took part in a few activities, missed some out. (Probably the more contact stuff)...but light training is ball work, more than just running. I'd bet right now, he maybe isn't match fit but he's strong as ever through the gym work and he's also at a decent base fitness level.

I can't see why it would take 2 and a half months for him to go from ballwork, light training to 'around first team' basically....even however serious.

He'll be pretty much full training by early January and once he starts full training, he will only need match practise. Be back way before march.

He's right, light training means ball work. He started running a while ago, he will already be working on his fitness as much as he can now. Don't forget to even get to the running stage that have to be pretty certain that his knee is 100%. They just take it easy to strengthen the muscles around it and minimise the ris of it been damaged in contact. End of Jan 1st team games for me.

Id say he'll be in contention for the Cup game, im an optimist.

**** all optimistic about potentially ruining the career of one of our most promising young players by rushing him back :?

if everyone was fit i wouldnt have him back in contention for the first team til april tbh

**** all optimistic about potentially ruining the career of one of our most promising young players by rushing him back :?

if everyone was fit i wouldnt have him back in contention for the first team til april tbh

:? If he's back in training now then he's healthy so it's just a case of getting fitness. Hardly gonna take April is it? He's already been injured for 8 months and the the SHA game is not for another full month. I'm not saying play him in that but he should be ready by the end of Jan.

he's only back in light training now ffs

we're talking about having him in the first team in a few weeks? the guy hasnt had a tackle made on him in almost 9 months, how about we let him have a bit of training and then some reserve team football before sticking him into the premiership

jesus christ the impatience is ridiculous

IIRC, Downing was expected to play in December and was back in training in November after hed had his pin took out and started his first game at the end of that month (all this being done after not being able to run for 5 months. I think Delph will be back and available to play mid to late Jan. We may evben see him play some part in the Sheff Utd cup game.

we're talking about having him in the first team in a few weeks? the guy hasnt had a tackle made on him in almost 9 months, how about we let him have a bit of training and then some reserve team football before sticking him into the premiership

I don't think you are getting how much training he would have done one his knee and body in general just to get to this stage. Its not like he's just been able to walk again and so had a little trot on the training field. He would have been beasting himself in the gym for a good few weeks now. When clubs give estimates for how long people will be out its for when they are in contention for the 1st team not when they are back training. Players always start training a lot earlier than when clubs start talking about them coming back.

Tell us more Dr P3te

The fact he's doing light training and the fact he's probably also been running for the last month or so means they are pretty happy with his knee. He wouldn't of been doing light training if his knee wasn't okay.

He'll be doing full training in probably 12-14 days and once you're in full training, you're in for contention, probably play 1/2 reserve games, 1/2 behind closed door games but a month of full training and 3/4 games is more than enough to be at least selected on the bench of the first team.

I agree with this

It all depends on different individuals and the complications that he could potentially still have with it despite the fact he is running again. When I had mine (albeit MCL) I was back playing in about 15 months but I didn't have all the quality rehab that Delph will be getting at the club. All depends on how he is feeling I guess.

I had my ACL done. Took 12months to get back to playing, and now not playing again as it's not as it should be. With top physio and everything they will know everythings going to plan or not.

But I don't think people realise just how complicated this injury is. Just give him time, only he will know when he is ready to come back.

I've done my ACL twice (recovering from my second one now) and while it's a nasty injury with the right physiotherapy you shouldn't be any different than before if you do everything you're told to do.

There's no reason he'll lose any pace or muscle because today the treatment these guys get is top quality.

Â