Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I am so excited about what the kid is capable of doing!

*Man City player by the start of the 2012/2013 season* :cry:

Calm down, get a hold on yourself!

Maybe MON thought that it'd be a safe option to get him off.

I wish he had been a little bit braver with some of his decisions.

Like subbing Warnock against Man Citeh? Or dropping Milner and Dunne for the Chelsea game as they were both unfit?

You can't ever tell me Mon was brave with his subs.

He must of made the same change more than any other manager in the league with Heskey on for Carew or visa versa. Then Sidwell on for the last 5 for one of the strikers!

Don't forget taking Shorey out somewhere between the 60th and 70th minute. :D

Once again that man's name is mentioned in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with him :notsure:

Once again someone mentions the fact that he is mentioned.

...He was Aston Villa manager whilst the player who the thread is named after was available to play - I don't think it's the worst thing that he is mentioned.

Once again that man's name is mentioned in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with him :notsure:

Once again someone mentions the fact that he is mentioned.

...He was Aston Villa manager whilst the player who the thread is named after was available to play - I don't think it's the worst thing that he is mentioned.

No it's a thread about Fabian Delph and not our previous managers possible misuse of subsitutions hence my comment about not being anything to do with him. Just my opinion he is finished as our manager and left us in the shit. If it was a comparison with GH, the current manager or something then fair enough.

I can sympathise with the need to stop every thread descending into a debate on Oneill, as that is quite often what becomes the case, and in fairness, I can be as guilty as anyone.

But I do think that the lad was unfairly treated under 'the previous reigime'. At the very least, it should have been him coming on in every game, except for Sidwell.

I would hope, and do believe, that the current management will give him far more opportunities when he returns to full match fitness. I would have backed him to have already had 10 or so starts this season if he wasnt injured.

Such a laughable decision. I was there at the game with 5 United fans (sorry!)..and they all said he was the best player on the pitch! Made 44 out of 47 passes in just 59 minutes that day.

I said this at the time, but I got the impression that he was taken off for his own good. It was obviously a very tight game, and I think that he was perhaps taken off before he made a mistake, in order to preserve his confidence.

The mistake made was not in subbing him, but in not starting him in the next few games.

Such a laughable decision. I was there at the game with 5 United fans (sorry!)..and they all said he was the best player on the pitch! Made 44 out of 47 passes in just 59 minutes that day.

I said this at the time, but I got the impression that he was taken off for his own good. It was obviously a very tight game, and I think that he was perhaps taken off before he made a mistake, in order to preserve his confidence.

The mistake made was not in subbing him, but in not starting him in the next few games.

Yep, never really got that one, start him against Man Utd then drop him?

Â