Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Obviously very disappointed if this is true. I don't blame him for going to a bigger club

Agree with everything you have said except this.

Man City are not, have never been nor never will be a "bigger" club than Aston Villa. Richer yes.....but as we all know, money doesn't buy you class.

• Like 3

Obviously very disappointed if this is true. I don't blame him for going to a bigger club

Man City are not, have never been nor never will be a "bigger" club than Aston Villa. Richer yes.....but as we all know, money doesn't buy you class.

Yep.

Richer just buys you a better seat on the FFP train.

• Like 1

This, although you did a mega quote fail in the previous page. Can't let that slide.

As good as Delph as been for us at times, I don't think he's starting eleven for City so he must be going to be a backup. To be honest I'm not to bothered by it all, yes the loyalty crap he came up with makes him now look like a fool and other clubs will take note of that, but who cares. I'm left slightly puzzled considering City's history with these sorts of players, I can only think of Milner whose come out looking half decent. 

Whatever happens, Delph as moved mostly for the cash I imagine. I don't hold that against him, but I can't see it doing his England chances that much better unless he his playing week in week out.

Delph you knob,  full of shit and I hope it all goes tits up.    On a mor serious note, maybe when he signed his deal it was under the illusion that we would be sold this Summer so the fact that has happened has led to him wanting out.  Either way he looks like a right bily bullshit atm.

I hope we sign a better player......and that's really all that matters.

.......the rest is just emotion.

Edited by TRO

I was there for his debut. A pre-season friendly against Fiorentina on a lovely sunny afternoon. I think Heskey got the winner for us that day.

I brought a girl who'd never been to a football match never mind not been to VP before. She asked why he got a big cheer when his name was announced. I explained that he had just signed for us.

She moved to Scotland, and I moved to the US a year or two later. I've only seen her a handful of times since.

Anyway, Fabian Delph is a prick.

• Like 4

Delph doesn't owe anyone anything. Much like how you dont owe your previous employer anything for training you after you move to a bigger job. He's replaceable - dont panic too much. 

Plus he could have ran the contract down but instead stayed - having said that I'm slightly* pissed at the low fee. 

*HUGE **** UNDERSTATEMENT

He owes the club that fat signing on fee he got a few months ago.

We couldn't have replaced him then and we obviously weren't going to chance him leaving and getting relegated. 

Has been great for us this last year but his actual impact on matches as in assists and goals is really not all that. Hope Gueye lives up to our hopes, if so he might turn out better! Delph has great energy but I'd prefer someone with more vision and shooting ability. Trying to think of this now as a positive, onwards and upwards!

Â