Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He's not even gone yet, Already burnt at the stake because some prat from mail has shouted 'witch'

I blame the polish.

never imagined in his wildest dreams a bigger club would come in for him

Hmmmm

WTF is the 8 mill clause for then

I didn't say a bigger club, I said a club like City. If spurs were in for him I don't think he'd have gone.

You absolute liar Delph, lost so much respect for you, I could maybe understand if this was next summer but few months after?

Loyalty in football is dead.

It's only a lie if he didn't believe it, and I for one think he meant every word. How the hell does anyone turn down 25m over 4 years though?

If he truly believed it why ask for such a low clause? No idea why you're defending him on this.

never imagined in his wildest dreams a bigger club would come in for him

Hmmmm

WTF is the 8 mill clause for then

I didn't say a bigger club, I said a club like City. If spurs were in for him I don't think he'd have gone.
theres a 8 mill clause for a reason surely

he must of expected something to come of it...8 mill for an England player thats 25 ...he was fully aware a bigger club ( Man City ) was gonna bite

Edited by Villan81

Gregg Evans of Evening Mail has said he will be joining Man City in 24 hours as well

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-captain-fabian-delph-9633222

Fabian Delph will complete an £8million move to Manchester City in the next 24 hours.

It’s understood that City have met the release clause in the Villa captain’s contract and he is now close to completing a move.

Delph returned to pre-season training this week but didn’t join up with the rest of the squad as they flew out to Portugal.He will now end his six-year stay at the club by joining the Premier League runners-up.

More to follow.

Hmmmmm

11737838_399205143612026_868946839424736

So because of a home grown rule an England starter who plays every week for us is going to go sit on man city's bench and play less football in the year building up to the euros

:lol:

Football in this country is broken beyond repair, it's as **** clueless as it is pointless

• Like 2

Still, would be a larf if he didn't go, and came out saying "What's all this nonsense" :D

It'd be an even bigger laugh if he said "It's nonsense, but I've since been readying all the comments on the internet about me being a prick, and now I don't want to be here! I'm off!"

You absolute liar Delph, lost so much respect for you, I could maybe understand if this was next summer but few months after?

It's only a lie if he didn't believe it, and I for one think he meant every word. How the hell does anyone turn down 25m over 4 years though?

If he truly believed it why ask for such a low clause? No idea why you're defending him on this.

Exactly DCJonah

If he really wanted to be loyal he would not have inserted such a low fee to leave. He is a liar and I really thought there is at least one decent person on the planet of football that isnt in just for money. Sadly not.

If he really cared about his career the last place he would go is City

I'm not going to throw around reasons why the clause is there or who's idea it was. For all we know Fab said not interested when offered a new deal, and the club panicked and said right, how about this... and landed that in front of him.

I'm defending him on it because people are being absolutely pathetic about it

If he goes, he's worse than yorke, young, downing, milner and most others IMO.  None of them spouted the shit he did just months ago.  Absolute scum if he does leave.

I hope it doesn't go through but starting to fear the worst.

Except for the fact he could have walked out this summer, for nothing, got a huge signing on fee and a massive salary. You are exactly right.

No wonder players don't show loyalty anymore, it isn't appreciated. Fans are chumps.

Â