Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

As much as I love Delph, he simply isn't good enough to be a regular in a team whose aspirations include league and champion league success (IMO of course)

It would be absolute madness on his part to join City. Thankfully, as BOF said above, I think Delph has good head on his shoulder's.

No I agree. I think Delph realizes that Man C would be too big a step for him and that they only need him to make up their English player quota.

Delph is not (yet) good enough to be a starter for the top 5-6 teams 

All these players we want to sell.  I think we run the risk of falling into the trap of thinking because we have struggled for the last few seasons that ALL the players we have we can do without.  Frankly some are better than our level and Delph is one of them.  We need to keep these players if we can and build round them,  not flog them and start again.  Thankfully I do not believe Fabian is going anywhere this summer

• Like 2

All these players we want to sell.  I think we run the risk of falling into the trap of thinking because we have struggled for the last few seasons that ALL the players we have we can do without.  Frankly some are better than our level and Delph is one of them.  We need to keep these players if we can and build round them,  not flog them and start again.  Thankfully I do not believe Fabian is going anywhere this summer

Good point and it's one equally as relevant to players like Cissokho IMO.  Even Weimann for example.  I think for the level we want to get to, which you would assume will be midtable comfort, those players are good enough.  There's also the harder-to-judge point at which you shake the squad up too much and bring in too many new faces.  It's not even necessarily about the quality at that point.  It's about having a team who have largely never played together.  So it's a tough job on Sherwood's hands.  Don't try and do too much too soon.  We're not a total disaster.  He said himself that with the exact same squad as last season we wouldn't be in a relegation battle this season.  So let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.  This window, as with all windows, will be best judged in hindsight but it has taken off quite quickly.  I hope the player haemorrhaging slows down a tad.  Even the ones we deem unworthy.

• Like 1

It would be crazy for him to leave this summer. Considering the Euros are just around the corner and his speech 6 months ago about loyalty I just don't see it happening. Rodwell was in the brink or an England place before he went there and just didn't kick on after that move. Very similar thing could happen to Delph. Personally, I don't think he's good enough for City. With 4 years on his contact surely it would take mega money to get him.

The Mirror tomorrow apparently reporting a £10m clause. Thankfully it's the mirror so probably rubbish, but still a little worrying. If it's true and becomes public knowledge it's hard to see him being here at the start of the season.

068ebb52e94afb977a2e9d44be61f520.jpg

Edited by Danwichmann

Its a load of bollocks nursey is as clueless as most the twitter ITKs you are better not wasting your time by cutting out the middle man and just lie to yourself.

How do you know the terms of the contract he signed?

Its a load of bollocks nursey is as clueless as most the twitter ITKs you are better not wasting your time by cutting out the middle man and just lie to yourself.

How do you know the terms of the contract he signed?

I don't....? I was just slating nursey as a red top reporter.

• Like 1

In some respects I'm worried it's true and that Delph signed the contract as a goodwill gesture to at least give Villa a transfer fee.

However I tend to trust the likes of John Percy when it comes to Villa news now so I'm not convinced yet. It's a bit strange that only the Mirror are reporting it.

Edited by Chap of Steel

In some respects I'm worried it's true and that Delph signed the contract as a goodwill gesture to at least give Villa a transfer fee.

I'm also worried. It just rings true. And while I wasn't worried he would risk going to Citeh, at that price of course there's any number of clubs would take him off our hands.

Â