Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

That's why we need more variety in central midfield.

If Cleverley signs full time and Sherwood asks the midfield to continue to play at 100mph they'll all be half dead by xmas.

I think wer gona have to play a 3 of

Cleverly Sanchez Delph

AVFC

• 3 weeks later...

The Telegraph reporting that Man City are after him.

Discuss...

What's there to discuss? It's not gonna happen.

He only needs to look at Scott Sinclair to see how things could potentially turn out if he goes to that lot. 

The timing couldn't be worse in terms of how his career is developing. He's an England regular and our captain now.

Delph is a sensible lad. This is tabloid bullshit.

• Like 4

Do people really think if Delph had any inclining that a team like Man. City would be interested in him, he'd have signed a new deal barely 4 months ago?

I just think this is a link plucked from thin air and nothing is in it.

He'd be bench warming up there anyway behind Yaya, Fernando and Fernandinho. Man. City want Pogba aswell lets not forget.

The telegraph are speculating about delph being looked at if citeh do not land their top targets.

For me, its nothing more than a warning shot to pogba's agent to get things sorted or citeh will move on.

No quotes, no valuation, no story.

Man. City have something stupid like only two home grown players in their squad now that Milner, Lampard and Boyata have moved on. Am I correct in saying they'll have issues with that with regards to when they submit their champions league squad and will have to have a reduced number?

So I'll imagine they'll get linked with various british players of various quality and probably sign a few...let's think Scott Sinclair and Jack Rodwell. Both did amazing up there didn't they.

I don't think they would be buying him with the thought that he'd be a first team player. Delph might get the occasionally substitute appearance and maybe even a rare start, but he would likely be rotting on the bench and lose his England spot because of it. 

• Like 1

I don't think Delph is that moronic as to throw away the last couple of seasons of steady form for a place on the bench. He knows he's barely going to get a game, even if it's true I'd be genuinely shocked if he went there. Money talks but Delph doesn't strike me as the sort to get his head turned just to make money for a couple of seasons then be moved on.

• Like 1

I think he may be the start of bucking the trend, along with Kane of players staying where they're and getting game time.

The list of careers that have gone stale after moves to bigger teams is endless.

For our sake and for the sake of the league in general, let's hope so.

Â