Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Fantastic from him today. Was furious when he never scored though as I thought it would cost us knowing Villa, what on earth was he doing?

He was cursing himself for turning onto his right foot.

We really must get a song for this guy.  Future club captain, signed a new deal, he was loving the win yesterday more than anyone…. and all we had in the away end is the Benteke song, "one Jack Grealish" and thats it.

Can we get a song for him….  is there one?

UTV

We really must get a song for this guy. Future club captain, signed a new deal, he was loving the win yesterday more than anyone…. and all we had in the away end is the Benteke song, "one Jack Grealish" and thats it.

Can we get a song for him…. is there one?

UTV

Future club captain? I thought he's had the armband since Sherwood came in?
  • Like 1

He was absolutely knackered by the end as was Cleverly, this formation asks a lot of them. They are both excellent athletes but have visibly flagged towards the end in the last two games

This is spot on. The formation means that both Cleverley and Delph have to run all game. I love the diamond, but we can only play it when these two are fully fit. 

Yep Tim did what we all would've done and stripped Ron of the armband being as he is leaving, passing it onto the rightful leader of the club.

wouldnt say stripped is the word more a natural progression. Vlaar got suspended then injured so was out of the team and Delph took over 

Yep Tim did what we all would've done and stripped Ron of the armband being as he is leaving, passing it onto the rightful leader of the club.

wouldnt say stripped is the word more a natural progression. Vlaar got suspended then injured so was out of the team and Delph took over

And now Vlaar is back, Delph still has the armband.

I'd argue than Ciaran Clark is just as much a leader...

Close between our 1-0 win over Chelsea and this one for his best Villa game ever, for me.  Absolutely superb performance today from Fabian.  Ran the show both as player and captain.  Toss up between him and Grealish for man of the match - but he probably shades it due to scoring.

Â