Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

They should change the name of the national side to "Rooney" .

Makes me cringe the love in going on .

He is our best player, and soon to be all time top scorer. Isn't that something to be lauded?

Besides, everyone loves a striker.

How bizarre.

He is our best player, and soon to be all time top scorer. Isn't that something to be lauded?

How bizarre.

Everybody loves a striker? You didn't get that memo when you slagged off Bent constantly?

How bizarre.

I guess you have shares with sky.

Edited by dounavilla

How bizarre.

I guess you have an agenda.

How bizarre.

I guess you have an agenda.

No agenda , just making an educated guess.

How bizarre.

Very much so. Seems very cool to pick on England players these past few years. Not sure what the obsession with criticising them at all times is about.

How bizarre.

Very much so. Seems very cool to pick on England players these past few years. Not sure what the obsession with criticising them at all times is about.

If you are referring to my comment I did not "pick on " Rooney nor criticise him , I was referring to the "love in" from the commentators.

I think he will be starting for England regularly now. Hodgson seems to have a system in mind and is plugging in the players to fit it, rather than picking the best eleven individuals and trying to develop a system for them. Both Delph and Henderson are proper box-to-box midfielders that can tackle, break up play, play a simple pass and arrive late into the box. It allows Hodgson to then be as creative as he wants with his front 3/4 knowing that he has the workrate of them both to back it up. There are arguably better English midfielders out there (Barkley, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere) but I don't think any of them fit the system as well as Delph and Henderson. It will be interesting to see how they do up against Pirlo & Verratti, but I think we will be pleasantly surprised....

What Hodgson could do is to play a diamond, to make Space for both Kane and Rooney, with Sterling just behind them.

But where would you get your width. I thought Clyne was poor tonight, he offered zero going forward. Baines did get forward but not much end product. 

Â