Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I hope he goes to a club like Liverpool, and flops.

It might be wrong, but that's the view I hold for players like him who has probably cost us around £100k per game in wages for all the time that he has been injured whilst at the club.

Funny what a couple of England caps do, and for all the hyperbole about him, he's not a patch on what the likes of Barry and Milner were for us.

As you can probably tell I'm feeling very angry about this, and don't get me wrong the club deserve a lot of the blame. The writing was on the wall really when we had those contact signings in Sept, and his wasn't one of them. For me this should be a lesson to the club that unless they are at an age that warrants less (30+), players who get down to 2 years left sign a new deal, or are sold.

• Like 2

Why are you angry at him?

Is it his fault he got injured? And you can't really blame a good player for wanting to leave this club can you?

I don't see the issue with delph for this tbh.

My thoughts exactly, his my favorite player and I would be more then happy to see him stay. But as a fan of him I really can't see him develop in the team we have atm. I would love to see him during the O'Neill period where we actually were fun to watch. Good luck to him no matter the decision he make and whatever happens in January! Atm I'm just looking forward to see him back in our squad, miss his change of pace and bursting runs badly!! 

Edited by AVFCRAMTIN

It might be wrong, but that's the view I hold for players like him who has probably cost us around £100k per game in wages for all the time that he has been injured whilst at the club.

Funny what a couple of England caps do, and for all the hyperbole about him, he's not a patch on what the likes of Barry and Milner were for us.

As you can probably tell I'm feeling very angry about this, and don't get me wrong the club deserve a lot of the blame. The writing was on the wall really when we had those contact signings in Sept, and his wasn't one of them. For me this should be a lesson to the club that unless they are at an age that warrants less (30+), players who get down to 2 years left sign a new deal, or are sold.

Im not sure how good Delph actually is, I dont think he is anywhere near as good as Barry or Milner either if I'm honest. Maybe he just stands out in our midfield because its so crap?

• Like 2

I should be ranging at Delph like I was Downing if he moves one.

I'm trying to think why I'm in a different mode and it's probably because when Downing jumped ship he'd only been here 18 months and we'd still been finishing top 6 fairly recently so that's why it strung.

Now we're consistantly awful season after season I don't blame him or Vlaar if they want to move on tbh, from what I see they always give their best for us when they play and it's not their fault others bring that level down to 15th or 16th.

Agree with this. Get rid in Jan for what we can. Should get £10m + for him and re-invest in players who actually want to play for us.

I'm trying to think why I'm in a different mode and it's probably because when Downing jumped ship he'd only been here 18 months and we'd still been finishing top 6 fairly recently so that's why it strung.

Now we're consistantly awful season after season I don't blame him or Vlaar if they want to move on tbh, from what I see they always give their best for us when they play and it's not their fault others bring that level down to 15th or 16th.

For a large parts of his Villa career Delph has either been injured or abject and its really only in the last 12-18 months that he's shown any sign of real quality.

I'm just upset that after the club have stuck by him for so long, he's chosen to repay that faith by apparently refusing to sign a new contract and jumping ship just because he's hit a little bit of form.

Edited by Supervillan78

Is it his fault he got injured? And you can't really blame a good player for wanting to leave this club can you?

Yes but then don't come out and say to the press that for the most part you've been an injured flop and the club have stood by you and you'd like to end your career here.

Then get a few England caps and go all billy big balls.

Just keep your trap shut. That's why I'm angry about it.

• Like 1

For a large parts of his Villa career Delph has either been injured or abject and its really only in the last 12-18 months that he's shown any sign of real quality.

I'm just upset that after the club have stuck by him for so long, he's chosen to repay that faith by apparently refusing to sign a new contract and jumping ship just because he's hit a little bit of form.

So Delph's career should be held back because it has already been held back by injury? Football is just like a job where you want progress. At Villa i want career minded players, there is always the chance of them leaving, especially in the state we are in but they are going to be striving to be as good as they can. Otherwise you get players like Gaby who are too comfortable.

I see it as quite a lot different to Downing and though I want him to stay and rate him very highly, I don't blame him and I'd certainly be considering my options if I was in the same position and that is being a Villa fan.

if he leaves his career will go down the pan on the bench of a top 4 team sad but true. He isnt as good as some people have you believe. He gets more yellow cards than goals or assists in a season

• Like 2

We have had far better players jump ship and the club has survived.

I can understand him wanting to go.  If he thinks going to another club can make him a better player then so be it.  BUT as other people on here I do not rate him that highly.  Yes he is good but not that good.  He has been lucky with England being so poor in the midfield department at the moment, especially coming in as Gerrard Retires. 

Not only that I dont think he is as important to Villa as past players who have left.  Platt, Southgate, Barry are recent examples.   Platt we got good money which rebuilt the team under Big Ron but he was very important piece to that team.

Southgate we missed his leadership, and BArry we missed all that he meant to the club as a whole.

Petrov retirement hit us hard, again leadership but also experience in midfield.

I just do not see an importance to the Team in the same way with Delph.   Get Sanchez up to speed and I see him being more important.

• Like 1

Downing broke his contract and asked to leave. Delph is leaving at the end of his contract. Two very big differences. Plus Downing is a carnt :)

people were pissed at Downing because we took care of him after he had a bad injury and left at first offer, similar to what Delph is doing

Downing broke his contract and asked to leave. Delph is leaving at the end of his contract. Two very big differences. Plus Downing is a carnt :)

people were pissed at Downing because we took care of him after he had a bad injury and left at first offer, similar to what Delph is doing

I definitely can see both perspectives. We aren't going to win anything any time soon and allot of uncertainty exists at the club regarding ownership and manager. If he has ambition and wants to play with top class players which will bring the best out of him then Villa isnt the place for him.

Other hand, he owes Villa allot as we paid a hefty fee for him and saw him through his injury nightmare.

Best thing he could do bar signing a new contract, is agree to go in January and enable Villa get 3 or 4 mill for him. People on here who seem to think its Villas choice to cash in on him in Jan are wrong. Its fully down to Delph.

"I'd love to be here for the rest of my career".

Yes but then don't come out and say to the press that for the most part you've been an injured flop and the club have stood by you and you'd like to end your career here.

Then get a few England caps and go all billy big balls.

Just keep your trap shut. That's why I'm angry about it.

Maybe he meant it at the time. Maybe he believed the club was going to improve. And now maybe he's changed his mind. I don't see how we can blame any player for wanting to leave this club if they have a better opportunity.

Â