Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Tottenham and Aston Villa are working on a swap deal involving midfielder Fabian Delph, 25, going to White Hart Lane with Spurs midfielder Lewis Holtby, 24, making the move in the opposite direction. (Sun - subscription required)

Would :D

Tottenham and Aston Villa are working on a swap deal involving midfielder Fabian Delph, 25, going to White Hart Lane with Spurs midfielder Lewis Holtby, 24, making the move in the opposite direction. (Sun - subscription required)

Thats the biggest load of rubbish from the sun. Why on earth would Delph leave in jan when he can leave for free come the summer and get a tonne more cash?

• Like 1

Is Holtby out of contract at Spurs?

I could see it, if it means it gets him off their wage bill and securing Delph.

As for us, better than nothing, so would definitely take it. I'm assuming he wouldn't be on Stephen Irelandesque wages.

Yes he's similar to Cleverley but we could then send Cleverley back and use the 8 mil to replace Delph, or, God forbid, buy a creative midfielder?

Biggest loss for our club for some time.

Our most important player IMO?

really? Delph contributes nearly no assists or goals. decent player but he is hardly that much of a difference

Disagree. I think he makes a huge difference, our only midfielder who looks to drive forward with the ball and has the ability to ghost past players.

• Like 2

Biggest loss for our club for some time.

Our most important player IMO?

really? Delph contributes nearly no assists or goals. decent player but he is hardly that much of a difference

Disagree. I think he makes a huge difference, our only midfielder who looks to drive forward with the ball and has the ability to ghost past players.

Was going to write similar. Without Delph we hardly break the opposition's midfield line let alone the defensive line.

A driving run mixes everything up and creates spaces. While not an assist in the stats, these runs can be as important as a final ball in creating chances.

Is Holtby out of contract at Spurs?

I could see it, if it means it gets him off their wage bill and securing Delph.

As for us, better than nothing, so would definitely take it. I'm assuming he wouldn't be on Stephen Irelandesque wages.

Yes he's similar to Cleverley but we could then send Cleverley back and use the 8 mil to replace Delph, or, God forbid, buy a creative midfielder?

Holtby is shit.

It's been 4 years since I first started watching him play, not one incident springs to my mind of anything productive he has ever done.

Â