Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

We were really crowded out, at times, against Man City. Delph is great at playing himself out of tight corners.

His close control was one of his main assets that we saw when we got him from Leeds. I'm glad that he's still got it!

We saw a lot of these short one-touch passes from Sylla last year, so when he's up to speed, him and Delph could be a decent pair in midfield (in a two or a three).

• Like 1

He's like a smaller version of Yaya Toure.

In what way?

less large

**** :(

I of course meant what are the similarities? I just don't see it.

As Con mentioned previously in this thread, I think the player he is most similar to is Ramires. Both are quick, can dribble past players and they're both quite slight but not afraid to get stuck in either.

Just needs to get into the box a bit more and chip in with a goal and assist or 2

• Like 1

In 12 months time he will be another one we struggle to keep hold of.

There's no way he'd leave after we've supported him through all his injuries. He seems a decent human being does Delph. I think he's happy here and happy with Lambert. I am convinced beyond all doubt he will not "in 12 months time...be another one we struggle to keep hold of."

Don't forget last summer we didn't lose anyone anyway. 

There's no way he'd leave after we've supported him through all his injuries. He seems a decent human being does Delph. I think he's happy here and happy with Lambert. I am convinced beyond all doubt he will not "in 12 months time...be another one we struggle to keep hold of."

Well let's hope his agent is also such a decent ethical person...

Southgate was a decent guy too. We don't show ambition, we don't keep players.

He's like a smaller version of Yaya Toure.

In what way?

less large

**** :(

I of course meant what are the similarities? I just don't see it.

Its those charging runs from midfield i think. They are very similar - the big strides, ghosting forwards.

Loved his passion after the game towards the holte! He doesn't panic in possession and waits until a pass is on.

He was exactly the same at the end of the Norwich game last week as well.

He is one of our key players. The first midfielder on the team sheet.

Amazing how far he's come on from less than 2 years ago when he was being played as a bit part full back after coming back from injuries. The frightening thing is, I don't think he's peaked yet.

Â