Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I need to phone the dentist tomorrow. Quite painful, probably an abcess - dosed up with ibuprofen. I forsee root canal treatment. Oh, joy. :(

root canals cheer me up, too.

18 minutes ago, maqroll said:

root canals cheer me up, too.

Yeah, wrong thread I know. 

Just phoned him, and he can't see me till Friday. Time to stock up on painkillers. 

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

On my bicycle in downtown Portland yesterday, a perfect Maine summer day. Except for the fire and brimstone bible thumper yelling and carrying on on a busy pedestrian street corner.  But then I stopped and noticed a guy in a wheelchair about 20 feet behind the preacher, shouting "Bull crap!" every 30 seconds. 

Never get into a debate with street bible thumpers. I've made that mistake before now. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, wrong thread I know. 

Just phoned him, and he can't see me till Friday. Time to stock up on painkillers. 

That's a pain :D 

In fairness to my dentist and doctor, if I need a same day appointment they always fit me in.

43 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Never get into a debate with street bible thumpers. I've made that mistake before now. 

I like the idea that this is because they converted you for a few hours. You were walking around afterwards muttering "they...they're right, it all makes sense now..."

Edited by Paddywhack

36 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I like the idea that this is because they converted you for a few hours. You were walking around afterwards muttering "they...they're right, it all makes sense now..."

:D Fat chance. I just got frustrated trying to reason with them. Doesn't work. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

:D Fat chance. I just got frustrated trying to reason with them. Doesn't work. 

As they say, "You can't use reason to move someone away from a belief that they didn't use reason to get into."

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I need to phone the dentist tomorrow. Quite painful, probably an abcess - dosed up with ibuprofen. I forsee root canal treatment. Oh, joy. :(

Is there anything worst than toothache? Infact the whole ears,nose,throat and teeth part of the body is horrendous when you start having problems.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

bible thumpers

Does this make anyone think of the rabbit from Bambi holding a book with it's foot going up and down? (A light blue rabbit?)

What about now ? 

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, brommy said:

Where are you guys putting your mouth?! :o

I think I've had less than half a dozen minor (gone in a day or two) ulcers during the best part of half a century!

I have ended up in hospital twice just from going to the dentist.  Great times :D Unforgettable in many ways.

41 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I have ended up in hospital twice just from going to the dentist.  Great times :D Unforgettable in many ways.

Blimey! Bad work or subsequent infections?

8 minutes ago, brommy said:

Blimey! Bad work or subsequent infections?

2 visits a year apart,  exactly the same thing happened.

He (The supposed Dentist) went to pull a tooth and the tooth exploded into a million tiny bits leaving the root in,  this needed to be dug out on both occasions with a guy kneeling on the table for one,  I fainted for the other :blush:.  Many a stitch was placed and much blood ensued,  how I gargled.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

21 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

2 visits a year apart,  exactly the same thing happened.

He (The supposed Dentist) went to pull a tooth and the tooth exploded into a million tiny bits leaving the root in,  this needed to be dug out on both occasions with a guy kneeling on the table for one,  I fainted for the other :blush:.  Many a stitch was placed and much blood ensued,  how I gargled.

As Cleveland would say... "That's nasty".

• Like 2

Â