Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Turns out the prankster is a serial offender :crylaugh:

Someone tricked Iceland staff into pretending they were vacuum cleaners and licking customers’ feet

Someone managed to trick Iceland staff into pretending to be vacuum cleaners and licking customers’ feet, in the second bizarre phone call prank to emerge this week.

Shopper Michelle Simpson, 35, was in the Southampton store with daughter Ashleigh, 16, when an employee took a phone call from a prankster with an Irish accent

There, Naomi Desmond, 24, and her mum Pamela, 55, were duped into licking staff’s feet and letting them ride them like horses.Michelle came forward with the story after hearing the similarly strange prank at Poundworld, in Barnstaple, Devon, earlier this month.

In Southampton on April 5, another mystery prankster, posing as someone from Iceland’s head office, duped the employees and shoppers with a tempting offer at winning a £3,000 prize.

Tasks included getting the workers to lick the shoppers’ feet and crouch down so Michelle and Ashleigh could rest their legs on them.

The caller even convinced the employees to ‘pretend to be a vacuum cleaner’.

Michelle added: ‘I couldn’t find anyone who matched the description, but I found a small elderly lady.During their ordeal the pair had to refer to the workers as ‘beast’, and at one point she was made to find a ‘tall and beautiful’ person in the shop to pass the phone to.

‘She was a good sport, bless her. She then took over from me in order the staff to do the strange things.

‘We cottoned on that it was a hoax after around 40 minutes, we were tired, confused and it felt like they wanted us to hurt the staff with our feet.

‘It was very surreal. It just makes you wonder.’‘He wanted our numbers to contact us again, but we had had enough and just wanted to leave.

Confirming the incident, an Iceland spokesman said: ‘We can only apologise to the customers involved for their experience at our Bitterne store.

‘Our team also fell victim to this hoax.’

Michelle did not contact the police, but officers are investigating claims following the similar incident at Poundworld.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, choffer said:

Working from home on a Friday. Windows open, fresh coffee on the go and a vet masturbating a rhino on the telly! :blink:

Perfect Friday! 

6 hours ago, BOF said:

So give us the final figure !

For context, I started with 27 and I've used 7.5.

Started with 33

About 26 or 27 left.

Not sure what to do

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

That's the kind of thing I'd expect in the Daily Star. Absolutely incredible.

Mental!

Just goes to show people have no shame!

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Got absolutely smashed last night, lost my phone, some lad found it went on my Facebook and contacted me! Met him this morning to get it back

Excellent news. 

No password on your phone though? Although that wouldn't have helped in this situation! 

On 26/05/2017 at 15:36, Davkaus said:

That's the kind of thing I'd expect in the Daily Star. Absolutely incredible.

It sounds a little like (a much less awful version of) Compliance.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

I hear her being interviewed on radio 1 every now and then, she's really pally with them all, she sounds like a right mong, her music is garbage...and then in my head I play that Christmas video and none of it seems to matter...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I hear her being interviewed on radio 1 every now and then, she's really pally with them all, she sounds like a right mong, her music is garbage...and then in my head I play that Christmas video and none of it seems to matter...

She sings? She talks? Never got that far looking into her mate ;)

• Like 1

It cheers me up that I'm paying no attention at all to our summer transfer links, because 99% of them end up being bullshit.

Usually I absorb everything as early as possible.  This summer I'm not in the least bit bothered.  We'll sign who we sign when we sign them.  And that is liberating.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, BOF said:

It cheers me up that I'm paying no attention at all to our summer transfer links, because 99% of them end up being bullshit.

Usually I absorb everything as early as possible.  This summer I'm not in the least bit bothered.  We'll sign who we sign when we sign them.  And that is liberating.

Same. Quick cursory glance every few days at the transfer thread and thats it.

At the moment I don't miss it at all. 

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Same. Quick cursory glance every few days at the transfer thread and thats it.

At the moment I don't miss it at all. 

I haven't looked at transfer threads for ages, in fact the last time I did, I used to post phunnay pics every few pages to take the piss.

FKdpw06.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BOF said:

Same. I've barely been in On Topic lately. 

There's nothing worth reading, and with the Steve Bruce thread being absolute Cancer I'm staying as far away as possible. 

• Like 2

This. I'm still half Gloucester half Hereford at the mo and as much as Gloucester can sometimes do my head in, but to redeem itself, every year this weekend comes around and in case you haven't heard of it, ITS CHEESE ROLLING time! 

Waiting for some good vids of today to go on YouTube. 

The event has faced so much intervention over the years due to its ahem breaches in safety but the numbers outweigh The Man and the council again can't stop it in this case. As a result, many hundreds of people all turn up for a laugh and a good time. 

Heres a video of last years event. Absolute mania and chaos it is. The prize is the double Gloucester cheese and that is big kudos here. Sounds a bit redneck doesn't it? Have our American or Aussie or Scandinavian buds on here ever heard of the cheese rolling? Have a look fellas, this... is how to "do" crazy. 

Throw the cheese so it bounces down and makes off, while a load of dudes throw themselves down literally throw themselves down the hill in a bid to get to the bottom first as the cheese veers off in different angles. Some of the impacts people make , make you gasp. Some of the sounds you hear from the impacts you'll never forget, people's heads bending all over the place, necks and backs pulling shapes you'll never forget. 

Plus the rugby lads down at the bottom will either catch you or "sort you out" depending on many factors that make sense to the locals but not so much to me.

Ah that's enough build up! Here's last years one until I can get a good one of today. 

Edit, watched that vid again. Some funny falls. Not as easy as it looks the hill is really steep and the one today, the rainfall last night was immense which spiced it all up. Also that dude won all three again today and has done for years mostly. Manages to stay on his feet and fully upright makes it look so easy, some soldier dude who lives literally across the way from the hill. Knows the course then!

That gimp off the telly Ben Fogle who p's me off, actually took part and quite predictably lost his footing and face planted but was ok. 

Would love to do it but only if in one of those sumo suits with a F1 / NASCAR anti whiplash helmet added. So steep and slippy. Gravity and momentum are cruel beasts. Gloucester for one day I salute you!

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

All 20 episodes of Vic and Bob's Afternoon Delights. I've only just discovered them, even though they were made in 2011.

Episode 2: Dr Shakamoto... had me in stitches.

I went to see them live last year and bought one of their tshirts. It has a picture Dr Shakamoto and "good ruck, kid" underneath.

It was only afterwards I realised that I never want to wear it out of the house.

• Like 1

Â