Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

We already know how the BBC/Sky etc would cover the last game at Villa Park.

The little memory montage they do will just be the clip below, interspersed with scenes of Villa fans taking football back to the 1980's against Baggies.

Maybe they'll add a clip of Dion on "Homes under the Hammer" too to keep us happy.

My wife's a teacher. For some reason last night she was having to type out some answers from exam papers. There was a fair few, so she had be reading them out as she typed them.

She'd already marked the papers and they had notes all over them like 'valid point' and 'please expand'. She must have completely forgotten that though, because she was well impressed with me reading out each paragraph and saying things like, "I think that's a really valid point" and "Hmm, they needed to expand a bit there".

It made a very boring job slightly more fun.

• Like 4

a bit out of the mouths of babes related, my other half had a wonderful brain fade watching an Episode of Cosmos the other day. It was talking about speed of light and sound at the time, and she said: "that's amazing, but haven't we already broken the speed of light barrier in a car?"

Related image

I assume she got confused with sound

In hindsight I wish I'd confirmed it had been in a Delorian. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tegis said:

Seriously. SERIOUSLY?!?!???!

whitehartlane5.JPG

Exactly. Although I think it was in reference to the old school stand, rather than the post Taylor Report stand. Even so, it's an absurd statement. Typical Tottenham really, talking themselves up to being better, and bigger than they are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

Exactly. Although I think it was in reference to the old school stand, rather than the post Taylor Report stand. Even so, it's an absurd statement. Typical Tottenham really, talking themselves up to being better, and bigger than they are.

Ah, the one with the Shelf. Granted, that one was a bit better than the current one, which rivals our Northstand for architectural blandness.

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Continuing on the TV ad theme of Trivago's Gabrielle K Miller, the new Tesco F&F model, Charlotte Wiggins :wub:

Not seen that advert, will keep an eye out for her.

Along with Gabrielle, another favourite of mine is the brunette from the Herbal Essence advert.

Oh ok, here it is. Other shampoos are available.

• Like 1

I'd like to chuck my herbal essences into her hair.

AMIRITE?! Eh lads?

Seriously though, lovely looking lady. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Not seen that advert, will keep an eye out for her.

Seems they dubbed her own voice out of it as she's a bit scouse (although really not that scouse at all having heard her ... elsewhere ...).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I think I've posted this before but I've just remembered it and it always makes me laugh.

My mom was woken up one night by my dad pushing and kicking her in his sleep.

She woke him and he said he was dreaming that Noddy had pulled up in his little car and parked on his foot. 

:lol: oh, every time.

Reminds me of one of my favourite jokes:

Why did Noddy have a bell on his hat?

Because he's a word removed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Ah, anti-jokes :)

What's the difference between Neil Armstrong and Michael Jackson?

One was first to walk on the moon.

The other was a dirty **** paedophile.

The joke fails because actually he was just a great host.

Just now, Rodders said:

Sorry I know there's a joke thread

It's OK.  I think you'd have been off topic with that contribution any way.

:trollface:;)

• Like 3

Â