Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't understand the appeal of an automatic.  Takes away all the fun of driving.

When the sun is out and nobody else has noticed and I want to pootle up a country lane to a pub lunch, I have a part share in a manual Triumph Spitfire.

When I'm on the M25 at 5:30pm, or commuting in to town on the morning rush hour, or negotiating my third multi storey car park of the day...not so much.

Like I say, I've done a quarter of a million miles on that automatic box, I'd be on my third set of knees now if that was a manual.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Why do the British persist with manual cars?  They're barely even a thing in most countries now.

I like driving.  When I've stopped enjoying driving, I'll get a big soft automatic.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

I like driving.  When I've stopped enjoying driving, I'll get a big soft automatic.

It'll match your cock then ;)

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Can you get full cruise control and speed limiter on a manual these days, or is it still one or the other?

I think my car has them. Never used them. 

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I think my car has them. Never used them. 

Yeah, it's horses for courses really. I just wouldn't consider having a car without them at the moment.

I've got regular trips to Barnstaple or Sheppey, Birmingham or Portland, so the cruise control is great for clicking it to 76mph and getting on with something else. Similarly, around town, I click it to a max of 32mph and don't have to worry too much about accidentally speeding.

I'm doing a lot of miles (rock n roll, baby!!!) and it's just part of taking the stress out of it and reducing my chance of points.

The car is just another one of the white goods modern life requires. But it's left outside, and it's metallic obsidian black!

I was only arguing as a form of activity displacement instead of getting my head around a tricky bit of work.

4 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

The Bulgarian girl on the tram who just showed me her arse.

She stands up by the door waiting to get off. Decides she needs to rejig her trousers. They're black tight leggings, so she sort of pulls them down first before doing a little hop to get them back up. My word it was peachy.

daffy-duck-masturbating.jpg?quality=100&

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don't understand the appeal of an automatic.  Takes away all the fun of driving.

Driving isn't fun anymore with all the nutters loose on the roads.

Some fantastic sights out today due to the sunny weather. None work at my place which appears to be a beauty vacuum.

There are always some bifters trying to spoil things by getting their flabby bits out but I can generally filter them out. 

8 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Hmm I dunno. How many wheels has yours got?

Being pedantic I reckon at least 9.

• Like 1

Â