Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Why? 

I've had flu like sympoms since tuesday.  Not wanted to eat a thing since.  i had a slice of toast and 2 crackers, so i told a porky.

The impatigo (sp) was just a brucie bonus i picked up from my son because my immune system has been so low lately.  last month I had gastroenteritis which caused something called a ALT  spike in my liver.

It sounds worse than it is, but the face sores have been a miserable experience.  So thats why! :)  

I'll try and eat something properly tonight.

Facebook - Two things.

Two of my oldest friends found me day before yesterday. Not seen each other for years after we, and our parents all moved away.

Not seen one of them for 25 years. Messenger chatted for hours, we're meeting back in the Mids for drinks over Christmas.

Met just about my favourite musician of modern times in a pub in Hammersmith a couple of weeks ago after a FB chat.

He's not a Brit and was in the country for a few days recording.

We got on really well, but not wanting to seem too much of a fanboi, I wished him well and signed off a couple days after we met.

It's not ended there, he got back to me again. We've been in contact most days since.

Met quite a few musicians and bands in my previous lines of work, but very few that I've actually been into.

That this came via Facebook is very unexpected.

So next, I might see if Ichirou Agata fancies a pint? :)

VVowJ38.jpg

Edited by Xann
  • Like 3

Driving home from work this morning, the roads had a little bit of ice on them. I went round an island at 15mph absolutely leaving a BMW for dust.

You can have the roads back in a few months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, V01 said:

Driving home from work this morning, the roads had a little bit of ice on them. I went round an island at 15mph absolutely leaving a BMW for dust.

You can have the roads back in a few months.

I remember the first time I took a slightly moist island in my '89 325i sport... well, I more remember the view from the front steps of the building I skidded into. 

Went up that London on the weekend. Anyway, having wandered through a few parks we decided to cross the river and get some food. The pedestrian crossing at Parliament / Big Ben was crazy rammed busy. So we decided to walk up a block and cross where it was quieter.

By random luck as we passed Downing Street we bumped in to some people we know and they were taking a party of guides / rangers / scouts type kids in to visit 10 Downing Street. They had named adult passes that required I.D. checks etc., but the entrance permit just basically said ‘plus a dozen or so kids’. No names or i.d. required for the kids.

So my two nippers tucked in on the end of the group, went in through the pleb gate and had 20 minutes of selfies with the policeman, the cat and the christmas tree at the door to No 10.

Which was nice…

• Like 3

Â