Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You're right.

My Aunty Anne wanted to go to one and said she had to go all the way from her home in Newcastle to London to visit the bank.

But then I looked online and saw they even had one in Newcastle now.

So I Santander

7aaddbad92820a7ccaf0c20cc6e442cc.png

I tell you what cheers me up. I am on a diet all week till thursday night, then I go to the pub, see what guest ales they have, have 2 pints of guest ales, go home, eat high calorie convenience food, drink wine, watch the celebrity. The last bit has changed but this has been my thursday for at least 4 years  

12 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

Going into starbucks or any coffee shop and saying medium when the spiel off what size drink ...Gimme a **** medium coffee :thumb:

I've always taken this approach. There are three sizes: small, medium and large. And they don't need to know my name. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I've always taken this approach. There are three sizes: small, medium and large. And they don't need to know my name. 

There used to be (and may still be) a 4th size not listed on the menu (short).   So ordering a medium confuses them.  I refused to say "grande" for the longest time but eventually found the energy required to maintain this  noble act of defiance wasn't worth it.  Also, it started to feel as though I was being more pretentious in refusing to say it than they were in using that name in the first place.

How do you know when your drink is ready if you don't give your name?  Do you just figure when they announce, "medium coffee!" instead of "grande" it must be yours?  Or do they say, "Curmudgeon, your drink is ready!"?^_^

14 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

Vinegar when cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, ive bought all these expensive cleaning products but it did feck all, then i bought some cheap vinegar and the stains are no more

I like that the last two lines kind of rhyme.

2 hours ago, il_serpente said:

There used to be (and may still be) a 4th size not listed on the menu (short).   So ordering a medium confuses them.  I refused to say "grande" for the longest time but eventually found the energy required to maintain this  noble act of defiance wasn't worth it.  Also, it started to feel as though I was being more pretentious in refusing to say it than they were in using that name in the first place.

How do you know when your drink is ready if you don't give your name?  Do you just figure when they announce, "medium coffee!" instead of "grande" it must be yours?  Or do they say, "Curmudgeon, your drink is ready!"?^_^

I only ever buy a small (which is the size of the largest mugs I have at home) filter coffee. Never any fancy shit that requires a recipe book. All they have to do is pour it and hand it to me. On the odd occasion where there happens to be a fresh pot brewing, I'll stand at the end of the counter and wait, or sit somewhere within sight of the counter. If it's too crowded to do that I wouldn't have gone in anyway. 

• Like 2

I don't think I've ever had a coffee somewhere they need to take your name.  Maybe it's a city thing where everyone goes at 100mph, but I generally order what I want, they bellow to the barista what I want and by the time I've paid and walked to the end I only have to wait a minute or two.  Pretty painless really.

• Like 1

Â