Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I live in an area not dissimilar to Witton in terms of architecture, houses built at the turn of the 20th century, narrow roads with no off street parking (some houses have a front door which opens directly onto the footpath) and lots of traffic.  It's really busy at times and driving round here can be a pain as there is often only enough room for cars to go in one direction at a time even though traffic flows in both directions.  It happens a lot too because the streets are a quarter of a mile from the town centre so people too cheap to pay for parking dump their cars here before heading off into town.  There are parking restrictions but enforcement is feeble so they are largely ignored. 

So when someone double parks on the footpath or parks on yellow lines or too close to a junction then it can have a huge impact on everybody so imagine my amusement when for two days in a row someone who has parked like a dick has had their wing mirror, and front wing caved in by passing traffic which tried to squeeze through the gap that they were mostly blocking.  Schadenfreude, but totally justified.  

• Like 3

So a Turkish student just sidled up to me. He's a keener this one, and he was wearing that expression that says 'I've got an annoying question to ask'. He clears his throat. 'Have you seen the movie name 'Sheep Books'?' Naturally I was all

zjxrie5ljfnmbvznhdqh.jpg

'Movie name is 'Sheep Books'.

'What?'

'Like, 'not expensive'.

'Oh, you mean 'cheap'.'

'Yes, sheep books'. 

'Nobody's ever made a movie called 'Cheap Books', don't be ridiculous. Or is that Turkish?'

'No, American. Look'

He pulls out his smartphone. It's got a movie poster on it, for Pulp Fiction. After pissing myself for about five minutes, it occurred to me that on This Second Day Of Our Lord Trump a good game of 'Google Translate Film Club' might be nice. My favourite early entries are 'Eliminating William' and 'Resistant To Mortality'. Feel free to have at it, if you want. 

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Stoned Midday 

Correct Gravel 

Asterisk Conflicts 

Dental Work of Notices 

Vomiting Infant 

Left With Flatulence 

1) High Noon

2) True Grit

3) Star Wars

4) ?

5) ?

6) Gone With The Wind

I've been mithering about 4 and 5 all afternoon! But don't tell me!

I had a big moan to London Midland last Friday about my train being cancelled again and one of the things i made sure to mention was that we never hear from Service Management. All we get is a 1st line guy attempting to dispel the wrath of angry passengers and they don't have the answers the passenger wants.

I have no idea if my words made an impact, but since yesterday, the London Midland Twitter has been tweeting apologies, not only from the 1st line guy monitoring the Twitter feed, but also messages from Service Management (there's been a couple from Service Managers and one from the SDM)

That cheers me up.

Well we've just had a lovely Chinese takeaway.

Don't know what half of it was, but there were mini spring rolls, mini samosa, a chicken and ginger noodley dish, a chicken and spring onions fried rice thing, a sort of sticky beef dish. Loads of really nice stuff.

This means that somewhere out there tonight someone has paid a **** ton of cash and gone home to chicken balls, curry sauce, chips n rice. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Â