Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Just become a grandparent for the first time. The very very best feeling. 

Congratulations and welcome to the granddad club! Take it from me, you'll love it.

• Like 1

Not being a father let alone a grandfather is it the very best feeling because you have all the joys of a newborn baby without all the sleepless nights and nappy changing by any chance? ;)

1 hour ago, djdabush said:

Not being a father let alone a grandfather is it the very best feeling because you have all the joys of a newborn baby without all the sleepless nights and nappy changing by any chance? ;)

We look after our granddaughter two days a week, so nappy changing is part of the deal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Nappy changing doesn't bother me one bit. Getting up at six o'clock on weekends, however...

When mine were tiny and woke up wanting to play at 5am, I promised myself to let them sleep as late as they wanted when they grew out of it.

They are now 13/15 and I hound them out of bed at 10 at the very latest so they won't miss the entire day. I turned into my parents very quickly :(

• Like 3

On 24/06/2016 at 19:41, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Often I see a Magnum for around £1.50 then in a different freezer in the same store they'll sell four for around the same price.

Wow,  that's pretty cheap for champagne! 

Â