Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Just got an email from the missus, she did a Premiership Predictor at her workplace at the start of the season (I say "she", I did do the entire predicition for her), apparently she's finished top and pockets £40. :hooray:

I'd tell her technically it's my money, but she'd only hit me (again). :cry:

In an unashamedly geeky way, learning a new trick in excel and implementing it into my ridiculously over-engineered Premier League spreadsheet where the bells and whistles have their own bells and whistles.

Posting sha jokes as my FB status. Still waiting for my sole 'nose friend to show up, he's gone quiet for some reason.

and me, my mate is away working in berlin but the self confessed twitter addict has gone silent! #allgonequietoverthere

In an unashamedly geeky way, learning a new trick in excel and implementing it into my ridiculously over-engineered Premier League spreadsheet where the bells and whistles have their own bells and whistles.

There is nothing wrong with being happy about this. There are times when a complex IF statement has made my day.

There is nothing wrong with being happy about this. There are times when a complex IF statement has made my day.

Ditto.

In fact, I've just rejigged a report. One cell in particular had a 3 tiered IF statement containing a SUMIF. Immense

OK then you've convinced me to expand on it :) Using the 'offset()' function to dynamically alter the amount of X values in a chart so that there's never a gap at the end. I wanted my sheet to work equally well in an 18 (Bundesliga) or a 20 team league and that was one of the final tweaks that was needed :thumb:

^^ My workmates think that highlighting 2 icons at once is an act of God.

Not as bad as one accounts dept I worked for whose manager used to fill in excel cells in black as they did not know about the delete key.

A mate of mine, who is an auditor for one of the big 4, told me that one of her colleagues used a calculator to sum columns

^^ My workmates think that highlighting 2 icons at once is an act of God.

Not as bad as one accounts dept I worked for whose manager used to fill in excel cells in black as they did not know about the delete key.

A mate of mine, who is an auditor for one of the big 4, told me that one of her colleagues used a calculator to sum columns

Failure like this isn't limited to excel.

I've had psd's of documents sent to me where confidential information has been blacked out... on a seperate layer. One click and you can read everything you weren't meant to read.

Â