Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I just got this email :lol:

The email address was -> From: "nat@natwest.com" :lol: x2

Dear beneficiary,

I am sorry for late response. The late response is not intentional but due to my tight schedule.

However, be informed that all outstanding payments have been referred to our correspondent bank in London i.e. Natwest Bank, following the recommendations of the Debt Management Board.

Sequel to myriads of complaints by foreign beneficiaries over corruption in Nigeria and Africa in entirety, the Nigerian government and Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) came up with serious program to fight against the corruption. Consequently, many corrupt bank officials have been sacked. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/ africa/8202588.stm

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) appointed acting CEO’s for five Nigerian Banks, http://www.nairaland.com/'>http://www.nairaland.com/ nigeria/topic-309966.0.htmland sacked the managing directors of five banks i.e. Afribank, Finbank,Intercontinental Bank, Oceanic Bank and Union Bank. CBN further sacked the Managing Directors of three other banks i.e. Bank PHB Plc, Equatorial Trust Bank Plc and Spring Bank Plc and are prosecuting and jailing them. Mrs. Cecilia Ibru , the former managing director of Oceanic Bank International was recently sentenced to 18 months jail and have been sacked too.

http://www. africanoutlookonline.com/ index.php?option=com_content& task=view&id=809&Itemid=118

The overhauling is still on and it is aimed at having virile financial institutions and virile CBN that can perform effectively her statutory role as the apex bank of the land. For the meantime, all outstanding payments owed to foreigners are being paid through Natwest Bank, London. Consequently, your fund was deposited in an account opened in your favor at Natwest Bank but has not been transferred to you yet. It will be transferred to you either by wire transfer, ATM card, etc depending on your preferred choice. Therefore, confirm by our choice to Mr. Graham Slade with immediate effect and he will direct you on modalities to receive your fund.

Contact Mr Graham Slade through his personal email address i.e. grahamslade_uk85@yahoo.co.uk for his urgent attention. His direct telephone number is: +44 7924548378 and his direct fax is: +44 208 082 5697.He will respond urgently if you write him through his personal email because he attends to his personal email more often. Therefore, contact him immediately reconfirming the following details:

1. Your full name.

2. Your home address.

3. Your home telephone and cellular number.

4. Your present occupation and age.

5. The amount you are expecting to be paid

6; Your approval number:

Note: Never communicate any other person, department or office to avoid unnecessary extortion of funds from you. Though you have wasted some time in pursuing this payment but you will be paid this time hence you should comply as I directed.

Yours faithfully,

Mr. Lancy Anderson

Anybody who falls for these really deserves to be bankrupt

The best lie is that with a bit of truth.

Nigeria are going crazy with their banking industry.

Here is one I got yesterday...

Inspection Officer

Hethrow International Airport The British Airport Authority (BAA).

sir,

I'm the Director Inspection Unit(IV), of the United Nations Inspection Agent in Hethrow International Airport The British Airport Authority (BAA). During my recent investigation, on an abandoned shipment of two(2) Metal Trunk Box weighing approximately 110kg (Internal dimension: W61 x H156 x D73 (cm). Effective capacity: 680 L.) approximately each from a Diplomat under ship forwarder transferred from JF Kennedy Airport to our facility here in London; I discovered that the consignments were not properly declared by the consignee and when I conducted an X-RS scan, it revealed an undisclosed sum of money.

The Shipping Agent and the Diplomat have abandoned your consignment and ran away. I have instructed that the consignment be kept in our storage house till I finish my investigation with the shipping Company, Courier Dispatch Service Limited a division of Trans Guard Ltd UK. The details of the consignment included your name. An official document from United Nation office in London are tagged on the Metal Trunk box and I would like to initiate a proceedure for the release of the consignment. It was declared as personal effect to avoid diversion by the Shipping Agent, but the Diplomat should have insured the consignments and pay for Non Inspection Fees rather taking such risk.

On my assumption, each of the boxes will contain more than $5M to $6M each, I want us to transact this business and share the money, since the shippers have abandoned it and ran away. I will pay for the Non inspection fee and arrange for the trunks to be moved out of this Airport to your address, once we are through I will deploy the services of a secured shipping Company geared to provide the security it needs to your doorstep, or I can bring it by myself to avoid any more trouble. But I will share it 70% to you and 30% to me.

I can get everything concluded within 3-6 hours upon your acceptance. But I must get assurance from you concerning my 30% and that the confidentiality of my position must be protected before I will proceed. You should provide your Phone Number full address, name of nearest Airport around and other details or disregard. You can send the required details to me for onward delivery.

All communication must be held extremely confidential. If you assure me of my 30% and agreed with my condition, you should contact me.

I await to hear from you.

Mr. Jim Fregossi

Inspection Officer

Anybody who falls for these really deserves to be bankrupt

I don't subscribe to that. Back when I worked for (ironically) TwatFest, we had this elderly lady come in with a letter she'd received in the post telling her she'd won a foreign lottery and had to wire some money across (you know the bit). Damn thing looked like a kid had knocked it up on WordArt in about 5 minutes, but she simply didn't know any better so she came into the bank to talk about it.

Of course, I set her straight but it's quite worrying to think that there are a large number of (particularly older) susceptible people out there who will get drawn in by these cons. It seems like a no-brainer to thee and me, but we're the internet/computer generation and we grew up with this shit. Raising awareness is paramount, even this far down the technological-evolutionary line.

• Like 1

A contact person at one of our software suppliers is called Roger LeCoq.

:crylaugh: This definitely helped my day.

It's VERY difficult to ask for him on the phone without cracking up.

A contact person at one of our software suppliers is called Roger LeCoq.

:crylaugh: This definitely helped my day.

It's VERY difficult to ask for him on the phone without cracking up.

I would never be able to do it. NEVER.

Good job Danny! But next time win millions....or at least thousands :)

Family Guy

Alcohol

Music

My comfortable pair of jeans

CVbyrne being signed up to front an Apple Iphone campaign

Doing everything possible to disagree with fran_villa

Fran_villa said you wouldn't give me all of your money, is that right?

Â