Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

It looks like Ride are getting back together B) Can't beat a bit of shoegaze

If there's a tour on the go, I'm there!

At the moment it's just some festival in Spain but I'm sure they'll do more stuff. I thought it would happen after Beady Eye split the other week.

yep, the People's Republic of Barrybados

the more towns I visit, the more I like home

tried to get a photo of the chemical works this morning but my old camera I keep in the car appears to have finally died

I've fixed it a few times with a whack on the kitchen worktop etc., but 2 times out of 3 it won't focus or just won't take the shot

bugger

15205758633_167a9d7c5a_z.jpg

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 2

I went to a quiz on Friday night to raise some money for the local scouts / guides / community hut.

All good fun and in the raffle in the interval the first prize was won by a group of three kids. They trotted off to the prize table, selected a big box of Quality Street and were making their way back to their seats. The guy on the mic organising the evening announced in surprise: 'that's amazing they chose the sweets over the ipads!'

The look on those kids faces was soooo funny. They took some reassuring by parents that there were no ipads.

Something I never got as a kid, was how adults, even when they were being nice to you, could never resist messing with your head. :(

Edited by MakemineVanilla

Something I never got as a kid, was how adults, even when they were being nice to you, could never resist messing with your head. :(

They **** you up, your mum and dad.   
    They may not mean to, but they do.   
They fill you with the faults they had
    And add some extra, just for you.

But they were ****** up in their turn
    By fools in old-style hats and coats,   
Who half the time were soppy-stern
    And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
    It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
    And don’t have any kids yourself.

This Be The Verse

- Philip Larkin -

Loses effect with the swear filter

It's still a 9 on the CED Richter Scale of Misery. 

• Like 4

discovering a new way to enjoy whiskey. Housemate has introduced me to trying ginger beer with my scotch. As a generally neat drinker by habit, I was sceptical - exceptions only made for sours with the bourbon type.

I have been enjoying a glorious drink this evening now. Makes the whiskey go a little further too. Of course it was only after I'd revealed I was enjoying it that the **** let's me know it was Nixon's favourite drink. Curses. 

discovering a new way to enjoy whiskey. Housemate has introduced me to trying ginger beer with my scotch. As a generally neat drinker by habit, I was sceptical - exceptions only made for sours with the bourbon type.

I have been enjoying a glorious drink this evening now. Makes the whiskey go a little further too. Of course it was only after I'd revealed I was enjoying it that the **** let's me know it was Nixon's favourite drink. Curses.

I don't know if ginger beer is different to ginger ale ( I am guessing not at all) but whiskey and ginger ale is great . I can't drink blended malts without it yet I wouldn't dare add it to single malts .

• Like 2

Without wishing to look like a whiskey snob wannabe ..... I don't think there is a true taste quality distinction between single and blend. As in, some blends can be better than some malts, for instance Ballantines is a blend that's a lot better than a lot of malts. 

So whether something gets a touch of water, or ice, or cherry coke shouldn't really depend on whether it says blend on the bottle.

But then again I think Lagavulin is horrible, almost undrinkable, so what do I know!

There you go, I said it.

Â