Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Batman has no powers, he's just a rich guy who beats up people weaker than him.

Darth Vader has a lightsaber.

You didn't watch the video.
I watched it, gimme a like.

Batman wouldn't be able to use his lightsabre as he cannot control the force.

Also Leeanna Vamp! Phwoar!

Firstly, it's lightsabER, gawsh.

Secondly, you don't need the Force to control a lightsaber and Batman is a master of a number of weapons and martial arts, he could definitely handle it.

Thirdly, I agree, Leanna Vamp is very phwoar, though I prefer that Nicole Jean chick. She was smoking.

Does American English have a hold in a galaxy far far away then?

I am pretty sure I heard if you are not strong with the force then you would be unable to control a lightsabre and you would likely cut your own arm off? Was it not mentioned in one of the prequels? Maybe it's some expanded universe guff.

Han Solo used a lightsabER to cut open a Tauntaun to keep Luke warm. Don't remember him cutting his own arm of doing so.

True. The prequels did make a good job of creating lots of plot holes though.

I can confirm they do in fact speak American English in most areas of said galaxy far, far away, unless you're an Imperial officer and they don't tend to use lightsabers.

To be fair to you, Wookieepedia does say:

'The weapon consisted of a blade of pure plasma emitted from the hilt and suspended in a force containment field. The field contained the immense heat of the plasma, protecting the wielder, and allowed the blade to keep its shape.'

But Luke turns it on without using the Force (at least not knowingly) so I suspect this is 'expanded universe guff' as you put it. And as VA said, Han uses Luke's lightsaber too.

Then again, it ain't real, so it doesn't really matter. Not sure what is considered canon though.

Edited by Ginko

I can confirm they do in fact speak American English in most areas of said galaxy far, far away, unless you're an Imperial officer and they don't tend to use lightsabers.

To be fair to you, Wookieepedia does say:

'The weapon consisted of a blade of pure plasma emitted from the hilt and suspended in a force containment field. The field contained the immense heat of the plasma, protecting the wielder, and allowed the blade to keep its shape.'

But Luke turns it on without using the Force (at least not knowingly) so I suspect this is 'expanded universe guff' as you put it. 

Then again, it ain't real, so it doesn't really matter. Not sure what is considered canon though.

Lightsabers have on/off buttons.

Christmas Songs.

Yes I know i'm a miserable old bastard most of the time, but I do like Wizzard, Slade, Pogues, et al, at this time of the year  :)

• Like 2

Â