Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

34 minutes ago, Tegis said:

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

18 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

The original quote comes from The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (Bogart movie).

Totally different quote, just like Ice Ice Baby is totally different to Under preassure :D

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I do pretty much all the cooking in our house. I enjoy it, I use it to de stress, it’s turned in to my job, I think I’m half decent at it.

The upshot of this, is the other half never cooks, like, never.

Two weeks ago they suggested they were going to cook a meal, great, a treat, bring it on.

10 minutes later there’s a crash, a bang, and some screaming and swearing as our biggest chopping board has been dropped corner first on to a foot! Two weeks of limping I’ve finally persuaded them to call the doctor, the doctor has recommended an x-ray.

July, and the first foray in to the kitchen in 2023, and they’ve ended up in hospital. This anecdote will only get better over the years and years and years I shall be telling it.

Similar for me, I close the door, put some music on, and it's a period to just relax and be a bit creative.

I think my other half had cooked twice this year. Once was a Shepard's pie that was burnt on the top and not cooked on the bottom, and the second was a curry which actually wasn't bad, but I did have to intervene to put out a fire.

• Like 1

I'm up in Brum from Monday for the week and a good mate of mine has decided to throw a BBQ for me at his house.  At one point he was threatening to order a whole butchered cow.  It turns out that he has been creative and said he has like 10 different small plates for us all to nibble through the evening, almost like a tasting menu with different sauces (fish, chicken, pork, beef and lots of different salads etc).   I asked what beers would he like me to bring over and he said "no need! I've bought loads!", but then went on to say bring whatever you fancy.  He's a good egg that one - it'll only be me, his girlfriend and him for the night.  It'll be my birthday and he's obviously spent a fortune on stuff.  When he said bring whatever you fancy, I said don't tempt me.

• Like 3

Survived a day at the cricket and now on the hoy in that there London… current bar and  I’m thinking of a certain poster , amused me far more than it should 

actually a good pub .. vinyl records and make a request … and not a hipster in sight 

IMG_9722.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Saturday night. Country pub. Beers with mates. Live music. Perfick!

Where as my sat night in London turned into a pub  full of country people :)

been a good day out though all in  all , I’m gonna regret it tomorrow though 

• Like 2

On 29/07/2023 at 21:56, tonyh29 said:

Survived a day at the cricket and now on the hoy in that there London… current bar and  I’m thinking of a certain poster , amused me far more than it should 

actually a good pub .. vinyl records and make a request … and not a hipster in sight 

IMG_9722.jpeg

Coming out tonight? 

Nah, I got the Beatle shits. 

• Haha 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Norwegian Log.

Love Me Poo.

The Long And Winding Load.

Hey Pood.

Help!

Ticket to wipe

Here comes the runs