Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

5 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

A friend of mine has owls that visit his barn to hunt the mice in it....but they're not Barn Owls, they're Tawny Owls.

You don't see those Tawny owls out in the shires like you do the Barn owls. Mate.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Fun fact: The most common owl in the UK is not the Barn Owl or the Tawny Owl… it’s the Teet Owl.

Now there's one to confuse the Americans. Teatowel. 

• Haha 2

On 10/07/2023 at 07:29, villa4europe said:

We've had a new admin girl start for us this morning... Jesus **** christ she's a stunner 😂 I dont need that shit

download.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I just had that…

”Didn’t you used to be someone” conversation in the pub.

And yes it cheered me up

Well? Did you? 

There's an archived interview with J R R Tolkien, where he was asked why the Fellowship of the Ring didn't just travel to Mordor via the river, which (going by his map) would have been much easier. 

His reply was: 

"I've been asked this before by another interviewer, and I'll give you the same answer I gave him... SHUT UP!!!" 

:)

• Like 4

On 15/07/2023 at 18:38, mjmooney said:

There's an archived interview with J R R Tolkien, where he was asked why the Fellowship of the Ring didn't just travel to Mordor via the river, which (going by his map) would have been much easier. 

His reply was: 

"I've been asked this before by another interviewer, and I'll give you the same answer I gave him... SHUT UP!!!" 

:)

Ray Charles ( the singer ) was asked in an interview once."What do you think about being blind"

Charles answered.: I dont mind being blind,im just glad that im not black.

• Like 1

Â