Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

No idea what this is about. 

Link

Marks & Spencer has begun legal action against Aldi, arguing the supermarket's Cuthbert the Caterpillar cake infringes its Colin the Caterpillar trademark.

M&S claims that their similarity leads consumers to believe they are of the same standard and "rides on the coat-tails" of M&S's reputation.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Link

I have absolutely no preferences here but I find the story hilarious

I think M&S have lost their marbles, I really can't see how they can win but I'll be awaiting the final verdict as I find this stuff fascinating

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think M&S have lost their marbles, I really can't see how they can win but I'll be awaiting the final verdict as I find this stuff fascinating

It's especially weird as Aldi spent a good few Christmas campaigns totally ripping off M&S to such an extent that you couldn't guess who the advert was for till they got to the strapline. 

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

It could be a clever stunt by the marketing department. I bet sales of both cakes will shoot up now

So I spent this afternoon not sitting in the sun with a beer, but driving to the shithole that is Castleford to pick up some garden stuff that the missus had bought on FB Marketplace. Then enduring a tedious drive back through Friday rush hour traffic and endless roadworks. Put me in a proper bad mood, so I was about to post in the Piss You Off thread. But then  several helpings of fish pie, a bottle of New Zealand sauvignon blanc and a play of this album cheered me up enormously, so this is the place. 

91NQ1M50goL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

It's especially weird as Aldi spent a good few Christmas campaigns totally ripping off M&S to such an extent that you couldn't guess who the advert was for till they got to the strapline. 

No idea about this, I genuinely don't watch TV adverts

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

It could be a clever stunt by the marketing department. I bet sales of both cakes will shoot up now

I have suspicions about that Spurs/Dulux Paint kerfuffle. #CorporateBanter

• Like 2

Watched my lad play football earlier, quite surreal, there were drinks and snacks available to buy and toilets open for use.

Just being able to have a piss before the drive home made it far more comfortable.

I’d forgotten these kind of luxuries existed.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 4

Driving in the countryside, tunes playing, sun out, blues skies, and shades on. Lovely :) 

Always feel a bit depressed on the way back, getting off J7 on the M6 and driving through Great Barr. :(

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

Driving in the countryside, tunes playing, sun out, blues skies, and shades on. Lovely :) 

Always feel a bit depressed on the way back, getting off J7 on the M6 and driving through Great Barr. :(

220px-Junction_Seven.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Maybe after a few pints of it's nectar, and even then.... But not sober! :P

People I was at school with still drink in there. It was a shithole then and nothing has changed

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

People I was at school with still drink in there. It was a shithole then and nothing has changed

My Dad sometimes went in there and he said much the same.

Â