Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

So for April fools day http://www.metal-archives.com (heavy metal encyclopaedia) have decided to replace all of the band pictures with pictures of cats. The amount of work and effort that has gone into this is incredible! Examples:

Motorhead

image.jpeg.ce414be2dea5175c1bc31d3812328e9b.jpeg

Black sabbath

image.jpeg.5929540adeea5bcee455875695b77179.jpeg

Judas Priest

image.thumb.jpeg.f4d69faa7372837e3b310abba52c20c6.jpeg

Cannibal Corpse

image.jpeg.90b465935d33c99bc7c501ad1653ca71.jpeg

I’ve spent more time than I should have looking at this...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 31/03/2021 at 18:35, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Today I was sitting in on a couple of cases at the Youth Justice Court just to pass some down time.  It never fails to provide amusement.

[Obsidian Order avatar]

Story checks out.

• Like 1

Witnessed my own Easter miracle today

The pot holes on Tyburn Road heading towards spaghetti junction have finally been filled in. Thank **** for that. I was contemplating buying a monster truck if i needed to take that route again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Witnessed my own Easter miracle today

The pot holes on Tyburn Road heading towards spaghetti junction have finally been filled in. Thank **** for that. I was contemplating buying a monster truck if i needed to take that route again. 

Thank **** for that. My suspension will be beathing a big sigh of relief when I get back on my daily work journey.

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

Few things today:

- Easter egg chocolate. Just tastes better than standard chocolate for some reason.

- Chatting to people face to face. Just lovely to chat shit with people about all manner of things.

- Sitting in my folks back garden, sun on my face and no noise apart from the sheep in the next field bleating every now and again. 

Simple things really.

There’s a really great local community in the estate I live on and today there was a huge Easter egg hunt for the kids. 
It was great getting out, perfect weather, children having fun, chatting to a few neighbours. 
Villa win (god knows how, they were shit for 90% of the game), and finished off with a couple of cans of San Miguel and some FIFA 21.

• Like 2

Grandson round today for an easter egg hunt, while I spent the entire day assembling a greenhouse. He showed his encouragement by asking me every 2 minutes why I was on the same piece. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xela said:

- Easter egg chocolate. Just tastes better than standard chocolate for some reason.

It's due to how thin the chocolate is. We always have a few bars of these little thin bars in the fridge.  They crack as you bite into them. The texture is so different to thick chocolate bars. 

aebb95025398466fa9288f4c1bd81c4e.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xela said:

- Sitting in my folks back garden, sun on my face and no noise apart from the sheep in the next field bleating every now and again. 

Oh wow. I thought I was the only one with parents living next door to the slaughter house. 

• Like 1

Just been out to the bin at the front, at the same time as a neighbour and her boyfriend. They seem confused about where their car is... turns out she “forgot to put the bloody handbrake on again”, and the car has rolled backwards down the street, coming to a big denty rest in someone else’s garage door. 

It could have been very dangerous but no one got hurt, I’ll add that to the very funny things that cheer you up when emptying bins list :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Just been out to the bin at the front, at the same time as a neighbour and her boyfriend. They seem confused about where their car is... turns out she “forgot to put the bloody handbrake on again”, and the car has rolled backwards down the street, coming to a big denty rest in someone else’s garage door. 

It could have been very dangerous but no one got hurt, I’ll add that to the very funny things that cheer you up when emptying bins list :)

Pics (of his girlfriend) or GTFO 😉

I have come home tonight to a real life game of Monopoly, I have recieved a Community Chest card through the post.

Or should I say a letter from HSBC stating that they realise I'm no longer a customer but when I was, the level of service they gave me did not meet the correct standards and they are enclosing a cheque for £50

It's ten years since I had an account with them 😂😂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

One time I had recently bought a cheap runabout I got a tap on the door to tell me it had rolled down the drive and was sat in the middle of the street :lol: 

• Haha 1

That happened to me once . . . the drive at my parents' place is on a gentle slope. Got inside, made a cup of tea, wandered upstairs, idly looked out the front window to see the bastard gently rolling into the middle of the road 🤦‍♂️

Fortunately managed to get out to it before anyone came along, and I don't think anyone saw (it was in the middle of a weekday).

• Haha 3

Â