Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

One of my buddies does the signing for the Welsh Govt., if you see a lady person stood behind Drakeford giving it hand gestures, that’s my buddy.

Unless Drakeford is outdoors, in which case it could be anyone of about 3 million people.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I didn’t make any point about 14m people being likeable , merely surprise that someone could have so much hate in them.

They don't hate living in tory towns and villages though. :) 

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

They don't hate living in tory towns and villages though. :) 

No, but see my post four above yours. 

Don't see why Tories should have a monopoly on nice places. 

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

No, but see my post four above yours. 

Don't see why Tories should have a monopoly on nice places. 

It was said tongue in cheek, hence the smiley face. I have no political animal in the fight. 

It was more of an observation that all of the most 'desirable' places to live are tory strongholds. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

It was said tongue in cheek, hence the smiley face. I have no political animal in the fight. 

It was more of an observation that all of the most 'desirable' places to live are tory strongholds. 

Ironically, so are the very worst ones. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

People tend to vote for their own interests. Rich people who can afford houses in nice areas don't tend to give a shit about the provisions of the state being gutted.

• Like 1

I couldn’t sleep last night as I was looking forward to junior football restart today.

The won 5-1 and a brace for Genie Junior. 
Glorious. It’s what Saturday mornings were made for.

• Like 1

On 10/04/2021 at 12:37, Genie said:

I couldn’t sleep last night as I was looking forward to junior football restart today.

The won 5-1 and a brace for Genie Junior. 
Glorious. It’s what Saturday mornings were made for.

Just waiting for the 2 o’clock kick-off for my eldest. The missus has gone to watch the little un in his game. Cannot wait for it to start, Lovely day for it as well

• Like 1

On 09/04/2021 at 14:42, chrisp65 said:

They do say you’re never more than six feet away from a tory.

Social distancing innit. Don’t go too close to one, it might look down at you, or sell you to a hedge fund.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Social distancing innit. Don’t go too close to one, it might look down at you, or sell you to a hedge fund.

Our local tory would rename ‘the Queen Elizabeth II local potential voter unit.’

Lots of betting around here on what and when he renames something  ‘The Duke of Edinburgh .....’

There’s a toilet block being refurbished over the island at the moment, if there is a god... 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Our local tory would rename ‘the Queen Elizabeth II local potential voter unit.’

I guess you didn't stay long enough for "fill in all the words when doing a sentence" lessons? :P

(rename what? - the School, the Creche? I is confusulated)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

I guess you didn't stay long enough for "fill in all the words when doing a sentence" lessons? :P

(rename what? - the School, the Creche? I is confusulated)

In my defence, I had the first half of the monologue entirely in my own head, where it all made perfect sense.

Our local tory MP has a habit of unilaterally deciding to rename things. He has form. It was his idea to rename the second Severn crossing ‘The Prince Charles Bridge’ and it was his idea to only have one of the signs bilingual ‘to save money’, because as everyone knows, the real big expense in closing a motorway to erect two huge signs on the overhead gantries, is paint.

He renamed a Memorial Garden the Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Garden which mostly caused people to remark they hadn’t realised she’d died.

There was more, but I may have lost the moment.

• Like 1

Â