Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

It’s always nice to see Marcus Rashford doing some good on the telly like making sure vulnerable kids are fed, so results like Hartlepool will mean he can carry on being an inspiration and a moral guidance for others because frankly it seems like he’ll have to be.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

O.K. I’ll bite. Any particular reason why? 

Doesnt live in Hartlepool. Doesnt afford the government any additional power. Be interesting to see the reason why. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Doesnt live in Hartlepool. Doesnt afford the government any additional power. Be interesting to see the reason why. 

The unpredictability of the British public whilst voting. A pure example of a democracy in full swing regardless of whether your personal party allegiance is one or the other. Like I said in the St George thread there ain’t no  place I’d rather be

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The unpredictability of the British public whilst voting. A pure example of a democracy in full swing regardless of whether your personal party allegiance is one or the other. Like I said in the St George thread there ain’t no  place I’d rather be

It was being predicted quite a bit beforehand. 

• Like 1

On 05/05/2021 at 08:22, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Mrs Lifeboats read in the news that the Italian Government is hoping to put a new floor in the Collesium.  She was chatting about it and saying that she didn't think it right to add something that wasn't there in the first place.  I found that an odd statement and a very confusing conversation ensued.  

It became apparent that she thought they were adding another story to the building. 

I suppose it is due for a capacity upgrade. Executive boxes and an electronic scoreboard would look good.  

Its all about getting that UEFA 5-star stadium rating. 

29 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It was being predicted quite a bit beforehand. 

Only the fifth or sixth time in over 100 years a governing party has made a by election gain and the first Tory MP since the 50’s and widely reported as a shock. I would call that unpredictable

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Only the fifth or sixth time in over 100 years a governing party has made a by election gain and the first Tory MP since the 50’s and widely reported as a shock. I would call that unpredictable

What you’ve quoted there suggests it’s rare. Your original point was that it was unpredictable It was being predicted from a number of pundits, hence why we heard a lot about Hartlepool in the news leading up to Thursday. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

What you’ve quoted there suggests it’s rare. Your original point was that it was unpredictable It was being predicted from a number of pundits, hence why we heard a lot about Hartlepool in the news leading up to Thursday. 

And in the second part of my post I confirmed it was widely reported as a shock result by many other pundits and news outlets, hence the unpredictability quote

Edited by Follyfoot

And in the second part of my post I confirmed it was widely reported as a shock result by many other pundits and news outlets, hence the unpredictability quote

I can’t control the shock level that the pundits and news outlets may have churned out to try and sell papers and/or gather clicks.

The fact is, it was widely anticipated that Labour would do poorly in Hartlepool. It wasn’t a shock.  

8 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

They are journalists, they were lying to you or aren't capable of using the right words to describe the event they pretty much all predicted. So lets go with lies. It was also predicted by pretty much every opinion poll, hell most of us that added the Brexit Party vote to the Tory Party vote at the last election then looked at Labour's total knew they weren't going to win it

It was the least shocking shock result in political history

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

They are journalists, they were lying to you or aren't capable of using the right words to describe the event they pretty much all predicted. So lets go with lies. It was also predicted by pretty much every opinion poll, hell most of us that added the Brexit Party vote to the Tory Party vote at the last election then looked at Labour's total knew they weren't going to win it

It was the least shocking shock result in political history

Looking at the reaction on here when it was announced it came as somewhat of a shock. 

Looking at the reaction on here when it was announced it came as somewhat of a shock. 

Nope, sorry. Just had a look at the reaction when the Hartlepool results came in.

A number of resigned, despondent posts which is to be expected. Not seeing many (any) that could be considered “shock”.

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Nope, sorry. Just had a look at the reaction when the Hartlepool results came in.

A number of resigned, despondent posts which is to be expected. Not seeing many (any) that could be considered “shock”.

1 actually and that was Dem, the rest were pretty much the opposite of shocked

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

1 actually and that was Dem, the rest were pretty much the opposite of shocked

Here’s an actual post mentioning the media trying to claim it’s shocked and how it was much anticipated 

On 07/05/2021 at 14:59, Wainy316 said:

Annoying how the media are saying what a shocking blow for Labour the Hartlepool result is.  I mean, it is a blow but it's hardly shocking, we've known it's been coming for weeks.

Sorry @Paddywhack, I appreciate I’m not helping this thread. I’ll pop into the labour thread shortly and give a detailed analysis about why Katy Perry is exactly what the party is missing in order to appeal to their apathetic constituents...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Sorry @Paddywhack, I appreciate I’m not helping this thread. I’ll pop into the labour thread shortly and give a detailed analysis about why Katy Perry is exactly what the party is missing in order to appeal to their apathetic constituents...

No problem at all. Don’t mind me, I’m just here scrolling through the gifs.

sexy breast GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Total pissed off anger from one poster, Not the reaction of somebody who expected the result So sorry I do not agree with your any comment. Pointless argument anyway it is what it is

Â