Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

"1950s jazz albums" keeps coming up, and everybody avoids it. I'd love it. 

The Oz one would have pissed me off even more as I'd have gambled on it being about Australia.  I think 50s jazz albums will be up there as long as Katie Price was.

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Had no idea the Brits were on. Had to Mooney Dua Lipa, yep she seems nice. Turned it on to see if she’s on only to see Dave Grohl.

It's a bag of shite but at least it's not Man Utd.  I know hardly anyone involved in it either.

17 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The Oz one would have pissed me off even more as I'd have gambled on it being about Australia.  I think 50s jazz albums will be up there as long as Katie Price was.

Unless I go on the show. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just found out my beautiful bestest wife has got tickets for lunch and Q&A with Tony Iommi. It's for charity at the Opus restaurant  in Birmingham. He is also raffling some Sabbath memorabilia off. Cannot wait. 

:thumb:  She's a keeper. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just found out my beautiful bestest wife has got tickets for lunch  with Tony Iommi. It's for charity at the Opus restaurant  in Birmingham. He is also raffling some Sabbath memorabilia off. Cannot wait. 

Without putting a damper on this. Have you confirmed you're invited.

Right now, your wife has tickets. You, do not.

• Haha 3

Apple has spent $5 billion on a new 'campus' (ie, a big f*** off building plus grass and a pond) and "emergency services have treated Apple staff for injuries caused by walking into glazed walls."
Even better, "Staff have reportedly taken to sticking Post-It notes on the glass in an attempt to draw attention to the hazard. However, these were removed for detracting from the building's design according to a Bloomberg source."

:crylaugh:

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Apple has spent $5 billion on a new 'campus' (ie, a big f*** off building plus grass and a pond) and "emergency services have treated Apple staff for injuries caused by walking into glazed walls."
Even better, "Staff have reportedly taken to sticking Post-It notes on the glass in an attempt to draw attention to the hazard. However, these were removed for detracting from the building's design according to a Bloomberg source."

As it's Apple I'm surprised the glazed walls didn't crack and have to be sent away for repairs

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KHV said:

As it's Apple I'm surprised the glazed walls didn't crack and have to be sent away for repairs

Don't Samsung provide the glass for Apple? ;)

19 hours ago, mjmooney said:

As a kid I crashed through 2 glass doors one in oakengates and one in telford town centre, still have the scars on my knees, it means even now if I go through an open doorway I put my hand out ahead and touch the side of the doorway. Side note, the current Mrs seat 68 saw my spectacular crash through the door in Telford Town Centre. I suspect she sighed and said one day I will marry that idiot.

18 hours ago, Xela said:

Don't Samsung provide the glass for Apple? ;)

No. They provide the OLED panels, not the glass,  which is manufactured by Corning.

Nice try, though. :P 

Edited by Davkaus

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

No. They provide the OLED panels, not the glass,  which is manufactured by Corning.

Nice try, though. :P 

I wan't defending Apple! I have both an Apple and Samsung phone so i'm hedging my bets and being in both evil camps! ;)

12 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Do you usually post about ads in papers? If no, it's a masterclass.

Meh. A 'masterclass' is for talking about in hushed tones in the future; something that future public relations students will immediately recognise as a member of the canon of all-time great public relations moves. Putting an advert in the newspaper is more like 'the bare minimum' than 'a masterclass'. 

Â