Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Makes a nice change to put it in this thread and not the 'piss you off' one, doesn't it? 

Yep. It was my first TV game all season, so I was able to fully enjoy that. Villa Park takes on a mystical dynamic when it's full and loud and the stakes are high. I love it, nothing quite like it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Yep. It was my first TV game all season, so I was able to fully enjoy that. Villa Park takes on a mystical dynamic when it's full and loud and the stakes are high. I love it, nothing quite like it.

I'm sure we've asked this before, but have you ever been? 

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

October 1999 vs Liverpool 

The weekend I started Uni! I stopped over in Brum at my Grandparents for the weekend, so I went on the Saturday, before heading onto Surrey on the Sunday. 0-0, and freezing cold, if memory serves?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

The weekend I started Uni! I stopped over in Brum at my Grandparents for the weekend, so I went on the Saturday, before heading onto Surrey on the Sunday. 0-0, and freezing cold, if memory serves?

Anathema to most US sports fans I would assume. A game with no points scored, no winner and no loser. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Great memory! I remember thinking the weather felt just like Boston.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Great memory! I remember thinking the weather felt just like Boston.

I have a great memory for football matches I've attended (the 2010 League Cup Final aside, as I was blind drunk!). Just a shame I can't remember anything useful!

The title of the new Half Man Half Biscuit album: No-one cares about your creative hub so get your ****** hedge cut.

Also there's a new Half Man Half Biscuit album coming out.

• Like 3

Â