Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Even Richard Burgon has written to the club, to get them to pull the badge... And we thought Parsley the gay lion, holding a magic wand was bad!

Edited by dAVe80

Colleague tried to engage me in talk of Sanchez yesterday, cut him off with don't care, he persisted, I said really I do not care. Persisted further with mention of fantasy football league and a third and final time, I do not care. Transformation complete, I no longer care about football in the slightest. (aside from the compulsion to check Villa and Shrewsbury Town scores)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Colleague tried to engage me in talk of Sanchez yesterday, cut him off with don't care, he persisted, I said really I do not care. Persisted further with mention of fantasy football league and a third and final time, I do not care. Transformation complete, I no longer care about football in the slightest. (aside from the compulsion to check Villa and Shrewsbury Town scores)

Same here. I have absolutely no idea what is happening in the Premier League. Don't know who plays for the teams, who the managers are, anything. I'm vaguely aware that Manchester City are top of the table, but that's as much as I know. And I don't think it's just because Villa aren't there, either. I've just lost interest generally. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Same here. I have absolutely no idea what is happening in the Premier League. Don't who plays for the teams, who the managers are, anything. I'm vaguely aware that Manchester City are top of the table, but that's as much as I know. And I don't think it's just because Villa aren't there, either. I've just lost interest generally. 

Same, and I bloody hate that it has come down to that :( And for that, this is the wrong thread

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Same here. I have absolutely no idea what is happening in the Premier League. Don't who plays for the teams, who the managers are, anything. I'm vaguely aware that Manchester City are top of the table, but that's as much as I know. And I don't think it's just because Villa aren't there, either. I've just lost interest generally. 

I'm the same, but for me I think it is because Villa aren't there. I started to lose interest when we weren't even competing and were fighting relegation each year. I'm sure if we got promoted and were a top half team again I'd start paying more attention.

The only starting eleven I could name for any club is Villa, that’s been the case for a long time.

I keep up with the premier league to an extent. I don’t mind admitting that any interest I have in the title race/top four is fuelled by an enjoyment in knowing that a number of the bigger clubs are going to be disappointed.

Likewise, the relegation dogfight promises to be interesting for similar reasons.

On 25/01/2018 at 02:56, Xela said:

I saw a badger yesterday. It might be the first live one I've ever seen. Seen a few dead ones. 

Big buggers aren't they ?!  Quite vicious too so I'm told.....by Bob Fleming :D

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Big buggers aren't they ?!  Quite vicious too so I'm told.....by Bob Fleming :D

Built like brick shithouses. Saw it in Kidderminster by the railway line. 

They have ridiculous jaw strength. Not something you want clamped to you! 

• Haha 1

Mum is getting ready to go bingo. She bangs her fleetwood Mac t-shirt on, and my lad goes, mum they suck, black sabbath rule. I like the Mac, I must admit, but that was a proud moment. We high fived each other, it was so cool. 

9 hours ago, Xela said:

They have ridiculous jaw strength. Not something you want clamped to you! 

As you found out to your cost at an intimate moment perhaps ? ;)

Edited by mottaloo

Â