paddy

Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

On 14/01/2018 at 20:47, Ingram85 said:

Computer games

Taken for granted these days but it’s amazing that when the world becomes too serious and heavy and life starts getting you down a bit you can just turn on your console and escape to other worlds and do countless manner of things. I love films, tv shows and I love reading but for me nothing beats the immediacy and involvement of gaming. 

Maybe I’m getting old but I’ve lost interest in them

in my 20’s we built our own PC’s and played Doom , then Heretic , Hexen before moving onto command and conquer , whilst wasting hours in between playing civilisation

games were simple , left , right , up , down and fire ... and of course chicken mode :)

did move onto the N64 and the glorious Goldeneye on split screeen multi player and. Tekken and ISS soccer 

and then I dunno why but then i suddenly  stopped , just too busy maybe ..:

my kids got an x-box a couple of years back and I thought I’d be all over it whilst kicking my sons ass at FIFA ... and it just didn’t happen , it’s like the games were all style over substance  not so enjoyable .... buggered if I can get to grips with those dual joysticks on call of duty and the like

even civilisation that’s probably accounted for more sleepless nights for me than cucumbers for Rugley has lost its appeal ... they released it on the iPad the other week and i downloaded the demo .... and got bored of it in about 20 mins 

nowdays its it’s all simple apps you play on your phone whilst you sit on the toilet and that’s as far as my attention span goes 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Maybe I’m getting old but I’ve lost interest in them

in my 20’s we built our own PC’s and played Doom , then Heretic , Hexen before moving onto command and conquer , whilst wasting hours in between playing civilisation

games were simple , left , right , up , down and fire ... and of course chicken mode :)

did move onto the N64 and the glorious Goldeneye on split screeen multi player and. Tekken and ISS soccer 

and then I dunno why but then i suddenly  stopped , just too busy maybe ..:

my kids got an x-box a couple of years back and I thought I’d be all over it whilst kicking my sons ass at FIFA ... and it just didn’t happen , it’s like the games were all style over substance  not so enjoyable .... buggered if I can get to grips with those dual joysticks on call of duty and the like

even civilisation that’s probably accounted for more sleepless nights for me than cucumbers for Rugley has lost its appeal ... they released it on the iPad the other week and i downloaded the demo .... and got bored of it in about 20 mins 

nowdays its it’s all simple apps you play on your phone whilst you sit on the toilet and that’s as far as my attention span goes 

That's the reason why I lost interest in gaming. I was mad on it, then stopped for a bit, then tried to get back into it, but couldn't work out the controllers. Too many buttons for me, where I was just used to the up, down, across, and maybe one or two buttons on the side. 

11 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

My wife's a business teacher and she told me she'd had her most embarrassing moment teaching on Friday.

She was coming up with a way to remember to some business model or something, thinking of it on the spot. She'd written a big C on the board for 'Company', a big U on the board for 'Understanding' or whatever, and so on. The kids started giggling after the N and the T. She didn't know why until they pointed it out to her.

She was marking last night and showing me where all the kids had written it in their books.

Come on man, don't keep us guessing..  What did she put? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

My wife's a business teacher and she told me she'd had her most embarrassing moment teaching on Friday.

She was coming up with a way to remember to some business model or something, thinking of it on the spot. She'd written a big C on the board for 'Company', a big U on the board for 'Understanding' or whatever, and so on. The kids started giggling after the N and the T. She didn't know why until they pointed it out to her.

She was marking last night and showing me where all the kids had written it in their books.

sorta reminds me of this

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The VT ad algorithm showing me ads for jobs at my own company in my exact office :)

UThnO2w.png

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

I got an advert the other day for an album that I'd already bought.  It felt like I'd beat the system somehow and gave myself a little fist pump.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Just had a beer with this view in front of me.

VKetTKu.jpg

let us know what it looks like in the morning when you wake up without the beer goggles on :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

:lol:

That is seriously shit. 

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

:lol:

When I first saw it, I honestly thought it was from a computer game, that didn’t have the rights to use the proper names and badges. I expected to see Puntas Johanssen playing in a kit with that badge on, for West Yorkshire Unity.

• Like 1