Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On 20/09/2023 at 06:13, Rds1983 said:

After waiting an excruciating 9 week's for my test results to be returned. 

Got confirmation back last night that I don't have cancer.

spacer.png

Pretty certain this is my most popular ever post. Appreciate the positive response and support from everyone. 

• Like 2

Found a £30 Waitrose voucher while having a tidy up yesterday. Was given it at Xmas by work from memory. So, that was todays job. Off to the big Waitrose in Lichfield to get some caviar, lobster and truffles.

Oh my, what a pleasure. Freshly tarmacced car park, big wide spaces. They must know their patrons will all be in big hulking SUVs. Everyone in the store was polite and friendly. No ritalin riddled kids with shit names causing havoc. Why are Waitrose people so much better than anyone else?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Pretty certain this is my most popular ever post. Appreciate the positive response and support from everyone. 

I don't know if you Won The Day, but you definitely won the day. Great news, mate. 

EDIT: Just checked, and you did indeed Win The Day! 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I don't know if you Won The Day, but you definitely won the day. Great news, mate. 

EDIT: Just checked, and you did indeed Win The Day! 

My 3rd ever win. I'm coming for you bug hitters!

Was great news and the Drs/Consultants/Nurses etc were all great and really supportive. Just a shame it took so long (I think it was a week for Dr's appointment, then 3 weeks for Consultant appointment, then another 3 weeks for the biopsy then 9 weeks for the results). All kicked off back in the middle of May.

• Like 3

On 20/09/2023 at 06:13, Rds1983 said:

After waiting an excruciating 9 week's for my test results to be returned. 

Got confirmation back last night that I don't have cancer.

spacer.png

Can’t believe I missed this post, awesome news mate 👏 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

My 3rd ever win. I'm coming for you bug hitters!

Was great news and the Drs/Consultants/Nurses etc were all great and really supportive. Just a shame it took so long (I think it was a week for Dr's appointment, then 3 weeks for Consultant appointment, then another 3 weeks for the biopsy then 9 weeks for the results). All kicked off back in the middle of May.

Great news and I know the wait is agonising but good rule of thumb is if its bad news you tend to find out very quickly. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Found a £30 Waitrose voucher while having a tidy up yesterday. Was given it at Xmas by work from memory. So, that was todays job. Off to the big Waitrose in Lichfield to get some caviar, lobster and truffles.

Oh my, what a pleasure. Freshly tarmacced car park, big wide spaces. They must know their patrons will all be in big hulking SUVs. Everyone in the store was polite and friendly. No ritalin riddled kids with shit names causing havoc. Why are Waitrose people so much better than anyone else?!

Just thought I'd inform you that I've been to that store. 

Twice.

In my grey joggers - not the new ones either.

Not feeling so la di dah now are ya ? 😄

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Just thought I'd inform you that I've been to that store. 

Twice.

In my grey joggers - not the new ones either.

Not feeling so la di dah now are ya ? 😄

You are proudly displayed on the 'wall of shame' when you go in ;)

You know its a quality store when they have a shelf dedicated to sourdough. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

I don't own any marl grey "sportswear" but I'm going to go buy a full set just to hang out in waitrose Lichfield for a few hours a day. I may even specifically dribble a bit of piss down the front. 

Can't have those Waitrose shoppers living their Stepford Wives fairytale existence. 

• Haha 2

Just now, sidcow said:

I don't own any marl grey "sportswear" but I'm going to go buy a full set just to hang out in waitrose Lichfield for a few hours a day. I may even specifically dribble a bit of piss down the front. 

Can't have those Waitrose shoppers living their Stepford Wives fairytale existence. 

You'll have to work out a rota with @mottaloo

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Haha. Posted this before I saw @mottaloo's response 😂😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

You'll have to work out a rota with @mottaloo

Nah, I'll let him take that.  I'll work the 2 equidistant Waitrose within 5 minutes drive of my house. 

#Humblebrag 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Careful about the Mickey drips. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Mrs Lifeboats had to take her car for service today.  We live a 5 minutes walk away from the dealer.  

This morning I told her that she should do her bit for the environment and walk over to the dealer.  She got to the end of the drive before realising that taking the car was fairly crucial if you want it serviced.  

We had a phone call this afternoon to say the car was ready for collection. I again suggested that she walked over. He response was - 

"Do you think I am going to fall for that again?"

😆

You couldn’t make that up 🤣  women eh

• Like 1

Â