Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

18 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

My son has been nominated by his local clubs' coaches to be trialled by Worcestershire CCC tonight.

He absolutely cricket mad, so this is really cool for him.

Will have 3/4 weekends to have a look at him.  If nothing comes of it, they'll give him some pointers where he needs to improve, then we'll work on it through the winter, ready for next summer!

I never got trialled anywhere! 😭

Excellent news. Glad to see a proper club has picked him up ;)  Come on you Pears!

• Haha 1

Just been to search for a thread in other football and realised the SHA and Jack Grealish threads are both languishing on page 3.  Brought a warm fuzzy feeling for me anyway. 

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just been to search for a thread in other football and realised the SHA and Jack Grealish threads are both languishing on page 3.  Brought a warm fuzzy feeling for me anyway. 

@rjw63 you need to sort this out pronto. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I literally posted before you wrote that 

perfect-timing-overtflow.gif

I know, that was the joke ;)

You been going around upsetting people again :P 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

I know, that was the joke ;)

You been going around upsetting people again :P 

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Whatever happened to Sidcow?

Haha. I do seem to have upset a few people lately. 

Getting aggressive in my old age.  Aren't you supposed to get more laid back? 

• Like 1

I bought one of them there hedge trimmers on a telescopic pole back at the start of the summer. It was a bit unwieldy and top heavy but I persevered.

Quite good at it now, getting to the point where I’m adding shape not just lopping the top off things.

Can’t help feeling it could also be very useful in a zombie apocalypse. Whilst the battery lasts.

59 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I bought one of them there hedge trimmers on a telescopic pole back at the start of the summer. It was a bit unwieldy and top heavy but I persevered.

Quite good at it now, getting to the point where I’m adding shape not just lopping the top off things.

Can’t help feeling it could also be very useful in a zombie apocalypse. Whilst the battery lasts.

Hate it when zombies charge you standing on each others shoulders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Hate it when zombies charge you standing on each others shoulders. 

It’s not 12ft tall zombies, no, I’m not stupid.

It’s keeping them 12 ft away. If I have a strimmer / trimmer arc that’s further away then I have more time and space to react if the hedge trimmer got stuck in a particularly tough zombie skull, or was clogged with zombie brain tissue.

I also wouldn’t wear the harness ‘cos if they somehow managed to grab the trimmer end they could reel me in, so I’m building up upper body strength to wield a trimmer on a pole without the harness. As soon as there is a problem, I can just let it go and move on to the next close combat weapon, a trowel, secateurs, or a dibber etc..

I’ve thought this through.  #failtoplan=plantofail

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Am getting married on Thursday and have checked the weather forecast 😃

The one thing you can't order or pre-book. Happy days !

DHUTWU ;) 

Congrats mate!

I guess my invite got lost in the post. I'd even washed my green Slazenger joggers :( 

• Haha 2

Â