Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Bottle of wine and last thing I was to do is have a nap 🤣 I’d be lit up like a Christmas tree after that thinking it’s the last day on earth 

Well it was lunchtime and I like a nap. There is always this evening. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I was just reading our local next door, online message thingy. One woman commented that she had just had her chimney swept and serviced by a lovely guy. 🤣

Had to stick a Kenneth up which has amused me immensely

What have you done? Now the Kenneth virus has broken out from VT quarantine, it will spread like a pandemic. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Before you know it they'll start making new Carry On films which might be the final nail in the coffin for civilisation.

https://movieweb.com/new-carry-on-films-british-comedy/

The Carry On Franchise Reboot Could Be a Breath of Fresh Air for British Comedy

The Carry On Franchise Reboot Could Be a Breath of Fresh Air for British Comedy

Although Carry On Columbus -- a 1992 revival sending up the earnest Christopher Columbus biopics released that year, such as Ridley Scott's 1492: Conquest of Paradise -- was a box office bomb, the enduring appeal of the series is shown by the fact that a reboot was under discussion for over a decade before the new productions were announced in 2020.

Production had been due to begin in 2020 but was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, with the release date subsequently pushed back to 2022.

• Like 1

Looks like there's a chance the Sycamore Gap tree might(very slowly) regrow.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-66957589

"It's a very healthy tree, we can see that now, because of the condition of the stump, it may well regrow a coppice from the stump, and if we could nurture that then that might be one of the best outcomes, and then we keep the tree."

• Like 2

On 26/09/2023 at 15:31, mjmooney said:

Lunchtime in the pub. 

I used to love my daytime drinking sessions with mates. Much better than going out in the evening. 

• Like 1

Â