Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its hard to say how much i disagree 😂

my only "every week" meal is wraps with cripsy chicken and salad, works out as 3 wraps each for me and the wife with me then using a different sauce on each wrap

off the top of my head in my fridge (one of those minor victories you have to let the wife have every now and then) i've got ketchup, mayo, english mustard, german mustard, honey mustard, brown sauce, mint sauce, german curry sauce, mango curry sauce, bbq sauce, Jamaican style ginger bbq sauce, sweet chilli sauce, chilli sauce, tobasco sauce, garlic sauce, HP fruit sauce

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

for a multitude of reasons mate trust me

Don’t tell me you smoother Branston pickle over your missus breasts and nibble it off? If so watch you don’t mistake the nipple for some pickle, that’s an amateur mistake.

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Don’t tell me you smoother Branston pickle over your missus breasts and nibble it off? If so watch you don’t mistake the nipple for some pickle, that’s an amateur mistake.

haha i wish

she **** hates branston pickle, we've seriously had a conversation about me sleeping in the spare room because of me eating it

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

haha i wish

she **** hates branston pickle, we've seriously had a conversation about me sleeping in the spare room because of me eating it

My missus wanted to bring it into the bedroom. I hate it that much I ended up dropping the nut on her .

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Going all the way down to Stratford finding out roof is not ready and nowhere else to go from there as it’s bit quiet ish. Money down but eh it’s Friday and I’m now in the gym with all day to do as I please .

For me today it's an unexpected half day, when you're roofing but the rain is pouring so hard at midday that the boss declares an early end to the day. Like you said, money down, but on the flip side Friday to do with as I please.

Unlike you I ended up testing the odd Guinness down the local boozer and I'm nicely drunk. Not wrecked, not sober, just nicely drunk. But, without being overly sentimental, or without wanting to be rubbing temptation in your face as it were (talking about post-work beers n that) I just thought I'd say that as I left the pub and walked up the lane I thought of you in as much as I was well proud of your post last week about leaving your colleagues mid session when you did. Much respect. It aint easy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

its hard to say how much i disagree 😂

my only "every week" meal is wraps with cripsy chicken and salad, works out as 3 wraps each for me and the wife with me then using a different sauce on each wrap

off the top of my head in my fridge (one of those minor victories you have to let the wife have every now and then) i've got ketchup, mayo, english mustard, german mustard, honey mustard, brown sauce, mint sauce, german curry sauce, mango curry sauce, bbq sauce, Jamaican style ginger bbq sauce, sweet chilli sauce, chilli sauce, tobasco sauce, garlic sauce, HP fruit sauce

image.png.deb76649ca98ba94be3feb02793f741b.png

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Thinking about what I’d be doing now say if I got in the pub for 11-12.  I’d be 8/9 pints deep now and almost certainly I’d have had a line or two of coke. Would have fell out with the missus by this point but it wouldn’t bother me because I’m living for the moment. Everything is working right now and we’d be having the craic, but it wouldn’t be too many more hours where I start blacking out and being a prick. I’d end up at my mums tonight then days of depression follow . 

Instead I went straight gym , helped missus with house work , had the shag , watched some horse racing , about to have a bath before kids get back , then go to a meeting tonight. Get back from there about 10.15 feeling good and chill for bit before going to bed and looking forward to the weekend. No brainer really is it?  If only it was that easy.  First drink does the most damage for some of us. 

I've run out of likes again but as an ex publican I've seen the drink up close and it effects people differently. One of my dearest friends is a really horrible drunk - the kind where everything is really fun until - click - switch flipped, eyes are gone, just horrible to everything and everyone around him. He confronted it years ago and even had those pills off the doctor that make you wretch when he touched a drop of it and was reformed for many years. 2 of his closest friends and his mum died in quick succession and that christmas his brother in law got mown down in a car accident. He inevitably hit the bottle again and I don't condemn him for it or even judge him harshly, I kind of understand. But it's so sad seeing him back where he once was. But like you say, the first one....

Stick with it man, life is so much more than a few lagers. But also don't give yourself too hard a time if you falter, just get back on the bike as they say.

I've never been an exercisey person at all, but Ive recently started doing a bit of training on a saturday morning. Gym life would scare the life out of me but luckily round here it's a bit more agricultural. Flipping tractor tyres and the like :) Although if I'm totally honest it's the skipping that kills me. just being able to time it right is a start but cardio wise Ive never known anything like it! But yeah, I'm kinda getting into it and even looking forward to it tomorrow in a weird way.

• Like 2

Me and a few pals meet up in the local every Friday around 1800, but we are always back home about 2100. Gone are the days we were out on the lash from 1700 till 1200, although I have to say, if they stopped out, I would probably stay out with them. One of my other pals has a club up town (used to run legs eleven, remember that place) and is always saying I should come up, an can have one of the VIP booths for free, but I just know it'll end up getting out of hand and end up being a regular thing, so I have been putting that off, not sure how long I can do it for though.

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

I remember on lads holidays not getting to the bars until midnight :lol: Before that it was a nap early evening, then drinks in the room before heading out.

We went on a lads holiday to Tenerife when I was around 20. We went for 2 weeks and every night was a mess, but it was good fun, although two weeks was pushing it a bit . 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Me and a few pals meet up in the local every Friday around 1800, but we are always back home about 2100. Gone are the days we were out on the lash from 1700 till 1200, although I have to say, if they stopped out, I would probably stay out with them. One of my other pals has a club up town (used to run legs eleven, remember that place) and is always saying I should come up, an can have one of the VIP booths for free, but I just know it'll end up getting out of hand and end up being a regular thing, so I have been putting that off, not sure how long I can do it for though.

That’s the way to do it. You have a takeaway when you get in? 

• Like 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Can’t beat tucking into food when you’ve had a few beers 

Depends how many a few is? Iv'e never been a big drinker, I'm the one who gets blazed for not getting the big round in because I'm only on my 3rd when everyone else is on there 6th. 😂

• Haha 1

Â