Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Theres just something very satisfying about this. The headbutt coming from the next county, the fact it hits so cleanly that it sends the guy into the next universe, the noise being the right side of 'meaty' (#kenneth), the reaction being 'ohh that was pretty violent but also deserved, and impressive'.

Always cheers me up.

He makes a face like, Look what you made me do. 😃

7 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Back from holidays, open work laptop 62 Emails, close laptop, go in garden lawns like a foot long after 2 weeks, think I'll get the mower out, sprinkler, then chill.

62?

I came back to 478 after 4 working days off

• Shocked 1

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

I really can't work out what's happened to Sutton. 

It should be absolutely ripe for posh delis and, craft breweries and other such stuff. 

Of all the places to struggle I would have had Sutton a long way away from my list. Should be similar to Solihull which is thriving. 

Too many fogies? 

Sutton has lots of much smaller high streets. Well they’re not high streets but you know what I mean, smaller collections of shops/ bars etc. 

Mere Green, Streetly, four oaks, little aston all off the top of my head all have small shopping/bars/restaurant areas that are nicer than the town centre and I think people tend to go there for those sorts of activities. 

Even in the town centre the place with the nicer bars and restaurants is the road up towards the horse and jockey away from the actual town centre

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

62?

I came back to 478 after 4 working days off

Few years back it would be similar for me too, now it’s all change I and get far less emails but loads of “chats” in MS Teams.

14 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

He makes a face like, Look what you made me do. 😃

I always wonder about people whose first reaction to any confrontation is violence,  does the wife get a slap every time she burns the toast , the cat gets kicked across the garden for not digging a deep enough hole for its crap.

essentially it just looked like another cowardly attack being passed off as heroic , maybe I’m just old and prefer fights to be done via a slap across the face with a glove  and pistols at dawn  :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I always wonder about people whose first reaction to any confrontation is violence,  does the wife get a slap every time she burns the toast , the cat gets kicked across the garden for not digging a deep enough hole for its crap.

essentially it just looked like another cowardly attack being passed off as heroic , maybe I’m just old and prefer fights to be done via a slap across the face with a glove  and pistols at dawn  :) 

Not going to lie Tony I thought the same, it escalates incredibly quickly and seemingly disproportionately. No one seemed to have an issue with it. 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Agreed. And off the job or not, a completely unnecessary escalation and use of force that should have consequences for him professionally.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Agreed. And off the job or not, a completely unnecessary escalation and use of force that should have consequences for him professionally.

The wider story is the man that was headbutted had been threatening passengers and claiming he was going to stab someone for 20 minutes. The off duty cop was found to have not broken any conduct policies and faced no disciplinary action.

I just appreciate the form and comedic element to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Unfortunately it's comments like this, where people have no idea what happened before or after that make life so difficult for the police.  You had no idea what had gone before yet still jumped to that conclusion.

1 minute ago, claretman said:

Unfortunately it's comments like this, where people have no idea what happened before or after that make life so difficult for the police.  You had no idea what had gone before yet still jumped to that conclusion.

A video in isolation, as that was posted. There is only one conclusion. Beyond the video looking into it you might say a met officer chinned someone, again only one conclusion based on that, at least it wasn't a female. Looking further into it, no video evidence but a dangerous man made threats apparently so a trained police officer did the only thing he could, he chinned a man. 

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

A video in isolation, as that was posted. There is only one conclusion. Beyond the video looking into it you might say a met officer chinned someone, again only one conclusion based on that, at least it wasn't a female. Looking further into it, no video evidence but a dangerous man made threats apparently so a trained police officer did the only thing he could, he chinned a man. 

Don't get me wrong, I understand how it looks but it just highlights the need for context.  There are some arseholes that work for the police and some great officers as well who are lumped into the same bracket.  Although I accept if it was a Met officer it would more than likely be out of order!

Nice weather, rum and pepsi, test match special on the radio (could do with another wicket though).

It's what Saturdays are all about.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Which rum you on?

Got my parents over for the weekend and a load of beer in, was asked if I want some rum, captain Morgan, and turned it down, had several beers and wasn't feeling it so knocked it on the head

After buying my fan today the lack of rum is only adding to my regret

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Which rum you on?

Got my parents over for the weekend and a load of beer in, was asked if I want some rum, captain Morgan, and turned it down, had several beers and wasn't feeling it so knocked it on the head

After buying my fan today the lack of rum is only adding to my regret

My wife necks rum like mother's milk. Dark, white, she sees no colour but she can't stand spiced rum and I believe she just doesn't like the idea of spiced rum. The problem is I love it but won't buy it as I prefer to drink her rum and spend my own money on whiskey. 

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My wife necks rum like mother's milk. Dark, white, she sees no colour but she can't stand spiced rum and I believe she just doesn't like the idea of spiced rum. The problem is I love it but won't buy it as I prefer to drink her rum and spend my own money on whiskey. 

I knocked dark rum on the head a long time ago gave me shocking hangovers, I'll give Havana Club7 a go every now and then but other than that I avoid it, even the likes of pussers which is great quality is pure headache for me, the likes of lambs are a killer

HC 3, the white one is still the best imo

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Nice weather, rum and pepsi, test match special on the radio (could do with another wicket though).

It's what Saturdays are all about.

spacer.png

I could do without the cricket, but looks lovely.   I like that table.   Is that a solar panel in the centre?  If so, what's it powering?

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I knocked dark rum on the head a long time ago gave me shocking hangovers, I'll give Havana Club7 a go every now and then but other than that I avoid it, even the likes of pussers which is great quality is pure headache for me, the likes of lambs are a killer

HC 3, the white one is still the best imo

I'm the opposite. Havana Club 7, I love. White rum gives me the hangovers. 

Â