Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Maintenance have just been into my office to fix the air con.

i.e. to actually turn it off for the first time in 2 years.

No wonder it's always so frickin' cold in here!

Just checked livescore.com to see my football accumulator had fallen at the first hurdle with Russia drawing against Armenia, only then to check Flashscore and see Russia had actually won 2-0. 7 more to go and I'll be a happy boy.

My last week has cheered me up. I managed to get my first car, it's only a old Pequot 106 but a old lady owned it and its just done 40,000 miles and is in very good nick. Then a few days ago I got offered a better job with better career opportunities and better salary. Been working in a factory earning crap money and it was a dead end job last 4 years.

• Like 1

One of my sister's oldest friends was over the other night who I haven't seen in years and she reminded me of something I did when I was 5 years old

After Villa won the Coca Cola cup in 1996 (probably the weekend after) I stood in the corner of our garden where there used to be a gap in the hedge with just a wire fence between me and the outside world. So I stood there for a while and when anybody passed, I would tell them that Villa had won the Coca Cola cup!

:blush::D

• Like 3

When Villa won the European Cup, I informed the customers at every fast food outlet on my way home from the pub. 

I informed them very loudly, enthusiastically and incoherently. 

• Like 2

When Villa won the European Cup, I informed the customers at every fast food outlet on my way home from the pub. 

I informed them very loudly, enthusiastically and incoherently. 

For me it was more loudly, enthusiastically and high pitched.

Pretty much the same as VA. I was a very excited 4 year old who'd just seen his beloved team win a shiny cup.

Sigh :)

• Like 1

Â