Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

I'd still rather the wasn't playing left back. He's putting in a fine shift but he's not a left back. He dones't think like a left back either

He's got a greta long term future in the side though thats for certain

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think him playing in a number of different positions is probably better for him than it is for us right now - he's not going to see out his career at left back that's for sure - but when he does finally make his way back into central defense I think he'll be a better player for his adventures. Hopefully we'll be unharmed for the experience too.

Bentley beat him no more than I'd expect him to beat any left back, in fact alot less than I expected him to do.

I think the lad is getting harsh criticism tbh

I spent 2 mins searching Clarks name in the match thread and these are the results from the first page....

OBE Wrote

Clark has been absolutely taken to pieces in this first half, we desperately need to get him some help -

DiegoD Wrote

Downing needs to play on the left and help Clark against Bently.

vreitti Wrote

Why aren't we defending the left side at all? Clark is clearly struggling big time with Bentley

Barry_static Wrote

Clark is struggling with Bentley and only Nige is helping him out

Ahh the match thread. That famous thread where no one over reacts or moans at a player for no reason.

Benltey did feck all in that game, mostly due to Clark keeping him out of it.

I remember one decent cross from him towards the end. He was and is shite.

Yep, it was merely a figment of their imagination and Clark was the unlucky loser of who shall we say is playing shit despite having a really good game :D

Also remember that Bentley hasn't played for ages and has never been the kind of winger to beat his man anyway, preferring to cross early. Ciaran had better potentially fatally maim N'Zogbia during the game against Wigan at the expense of a yellow card.*gulp*.

Fixed and agreed.

I hope not, he's only two or three yellows away from a two match ban and as he seems to get one every two games that isn't going to be too far away

I think him playing in a number of different positions is probably better for him than it is for us right now - he's not going to see out his career at left back that's for sure - but when he does finally make his way back into central defense I think he'll be a better player for his adventures. Hopefully we'll be unharmed for the experience too.

This, and he is going to be a top player.

Hard to really compare him with many defenders in England. Isn't no nonesense but nor does he have that pace like say Ferdinand had/has, so unsure he will become one of the best CB's but I think he'll be good enough for us in the future, comfortable with the ball and reads the game extremely well. Just needs to be stronger. I think he'll be good though.

I think Clarke has been very good at left back.. but I do worry about playing 4 central defenders. A team with any proper width would cause us alot of trouble IMO.

Charles N'Zogbia tomorrow could be interesting. I'm thinking Kyle Walker may need to be brought in at the expense of one of them.

What do you mean touch of Laursen? Can you explain the comparisions?

He scores goals and is not afraid to put his body on the line. Only comparisons i see at moment. Could do with adding a bit of muscle.

His block onto the post was unorthodox but effective on saturday

He reminds me of Barry and seems to be playing in every position Barry was playing in his youth! Although long term I expect him to be at centre half.

What happened to him tonight? No idea what Baker looked like so spent about ten minutes trying to work out who it was untl someone told me!

How many players have played for us this season? Must be a record number of league debuts surely?

Â