Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

This team has been under too much pressure recently....Darren Bent's arrival has lifted the confidence factor right throught he club and this has had a knock on effect on so many( including fans)..... where other players have found some form, none other than the defence.

The trick is to keep it going and grow our confidence.

Houllier himself /as any manager,can suffer with confidence too..... thats why they talk about sticking together in tough times.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wont regret it England are a joke. Should have playeU-21's instead of soe of the otehr but hey thats English footy for ya. Will play more often for Ireland from a younger age which will be good for Villa.

Agree. England aren't a much better bet than Ireland at the moment and he will hopefully get more gametime in the Irish shirt (and I am English).

completely agree plus playing with ireland will keep him off the press radar more...if mcgrath had been england's lynchpin in defence the press would have ruined him. clark just needs to keep doing what he's doing! next season could be brilliant if the kids can make that step up (I.E. transfer winning everything at reserve level to winning everything at senior level!)

Absolutely love him, he was briliant today and works well with Cuellar, a good mix. Shame we were a bit shaky in the fullback positions today, but Clark was as impressive as ever. Stay with us and you'll be captain in no time mate.

I think of any of the academy lads I've seen come through in the last 7-8 years Ciaran is the one that has stood out more than any other and performed so consistently week in, week out. Gary Gardner in that time is probably the closest to him that Ive watched regularly. I decided to sit in Trinity Road today rather than my normal Holte End seat and it gave a great view of Ciaran marshalling the back line and being the vocal one out there today. The bit of show boating in the corner midway through the first half as well just in front of the Holte was pure class as well. As has been said I think Houllier really rates this lad and he is definite captaincy material

Albrighton has been better than him for me. He's much more important to our side. We wouldn't miss Clark if he got injured for a month (normally, bearing in mind the Baker and Warnock situation - and yes this does sort of bugger up my point but I'll press on regardless), if Albrighton isn't there I really think we'd be missing the width he gives us after a few games.

Â