Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The commentator made a good point that he was very tight on Anichebe and that was excatly what Anichebe wanted. If he had allowed him to turn would Anichebe be quick or skilled enough to pose any kind of threat?

The commentator made a good point that he was very tight on Anichebe and that was excatly what Anichebe wanted. If he had allowed him to turn would Anichebe be quick or skilled enough to pose any kind of threat?

think what annoyed me is that Anichebe did the exact same thing he did for the goal on Clark about 12 seconds before when he held ball up spun and played it to the left.

its basic schoolboy defending and he doesnt look like he will learn

Anichebe is a beast but he is certainly not lethal in front of the goal. If anything, he is more of a "super-sub" if you can call it that. His approach was wrong, he did the exact same thing against him later in the match which resulted in another shot, though that time it did not go in. Pretty disappointing really, such things should not happen

He has been thrown in at the deep end and is drowning, needs to b given a rest

Well he is 23, made his debut some years back. I don't think he is young a raw , I just don't think the ability is there.

I know he was extremley highly rated when he was a teenager, and not just at villa - but he has hardley progressed at all. To me he doesn't do anything well, he is just 'there' - no tough tackles, no good headers, his game seems to be to incercept a pass - and then pass the ball on. He has no where near enough in his armoury for me

Getting out muscled by Anichebe isnt that big a deal its just stupid to be so tight. What is awful is the way he just falls over rather than getting even an attempted block in. People moan about Bennett but the weakest link in this side is Clark.

Getting out muscled by Anichebe isnt that big a deal its just stupid to be so tight. What is awful is the way he just falls over rather than getting even an attempted block in. People moan about Bennett but the weakest link in this side is Clark.

Bennet is playing poorly no doubt. I don't see Clark as good player playing poorly, I don't think the required attributes are in place.

Lucky this lad doesnt give away penalty after penalty - always grabbing players beyond belief. Sign of a very poor player.

People said Man Utd were interested - My arse they were! If they were they would have bought him instead of Smalling.

Lucky this lad doesnt give away penalty after penalty - always grabbing players beyond belief. Sign of a very poor player.

People said Man Utd were interested - My arse they were! If they were they would have bought him instead of Smalling.

There we alot clubs interested when he was in his teens - he was very highly rated, but just hasn't done at first team level. A bit daft by lambert to have an untested CB as our only option for a whole season. Very much our weakness, you can't get away with much at CB

I have to agree with SquaddieVilla. Clark might be a better footballer than Baker, but Baker has more of a future as a CB. I think it could be Clark's downfall that he is capable in several positions, but not really good enough in any of them.

In any case it's time to give Baker a run together with Vlaar. Let Clark rest, do some mental work with him and then let's see.

If the physical side of the game is what your struggling with..... centre half is the last place you want to be.

It is an absolute pre requisite to have presence in that position.

If the physical side of the game is what your struggling with..... centre half is the last place you want to be.

It is an absolute pre requisite to have presence in that position.

Absolutely.

As has already been said, getting out-muscled by VIctor Anichebe is no great concern, he's an absolute brute of a man. He is though also a poor footballer. Anichebe had a good game on Saturday, he had a good game thanks to Clark's schoolboy defending. Not only did he get tight he got tight on the wrong side, several times, inviting him to turn towards goal. 

Though you have to wonder why the **** is Clark marking Anichebe in the first place? Who's daft idea was that? This club needs a serious rethink on how it coaches it's defence. I understand the clamour for players but that ship has passed, instead we need to start coaching them correctly. 

Very poor. 

Â