Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to hold my hands up and admit I wrote him off as a CB and believed his only shot of a future with us lay in midfield but his showing yesterday has given me a glimmer of hope that he can do 'a Fabian Delph' and perhaps turn it around.

Edited by Isa

I logged on to this thread to say exactly what's been said above. He didn't put a foot wrong yesterday. He was excellent.

Maybe the rest and the desire to get his place back has been just what he needed. I hope so.

More positionally solid than Vlaar. Didn't dwell on the ball waiting to make a decision either - as has been the case in the past.  Some very simple and effective stuff, deserves his place against Chelsea on that performance.

I haven't really seen it suggested or anything, but does anyone think Clark changed the game? About the time he came on was when Villa started to get into the match andhave a bit more of the ball. With Baker in in the first 15 or so minutes every time the ball was in the left side of defense the ball would go to Delph who would go back to Baker who go back to Guzan and then they'd lose possession from a long. Clark was much more confident in posession and after he came on he would keep it on the ground and go forward, putting guys like Delph in a position where they could turn and forward and keep posession for a bit Just a though, I really thought Clark was that good so to think he changed the game isn't that far fetched. 

He will get to start with Vlaar against Chelsea and a lot of questions will be answered.... I don't expect a clean sheet but let us see how any goals conceded are defended.

For now he can bask in the glory of a job well done against Arsenal.

He was good.

I've no doubts this was because he wasn't up against a really physical centre forward and we were playing Arsenal not West Ham.

Once things go airborne and rough, Clark really struggles and it affects the rest of his game.

He was good.

I've no doubts this was because he wasn't up against a really physical centre forward and we were playing Arsenal not West Ham.

Once things go airborne and rough, Clark really struggles and it affects the rest of his game.

Girouds pretty physical actually

• Like 1

Â