Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

What did he do to get the yellow card? I wasn't watching but Woodward said he lashed out for no real reason or something like that

I missed a little of the lead-up, but he was way forward and lost the ball, was caught out of position so he lunged in recklessly on a Crewe defender - late, high and studs-up. Definite red if this were a PL match. A ridiculous challenge to make at any time, but particularly in a friendly. I've lost patience with Clark. He should be 4th choice CB, maybe even 5th choice behind Donacien at this rate.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, terrible tackle and the worrying thing is its the worst thing about his game so he must have been told many times to calm down and think and if he cant control it in a friendly against Crewe when we are dominating...! Good defender, but rash tackles and silly mistakes will blight him. I still think he would be a better DCM, but we just dont need one.

He looks scared everytime I see him, looks like he has lost it mentally. Am guessing Lambert knows their is a good player in their somewhere and will continue to throw him in at the deep end in the hope he can overcome his demons.

Just forget the tackle, and calamities tonight - but just think those aside, can you recall him doing anything good tonight ?

For me, even when not making mistakes - he is very ineffective. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sci5BeQ38M

He did this less than 3 weeks after the Man City game. Kinda says it all about where he is at the moment. Needs to get his head out of his arse and sort himself out.

He's no scapegoat for me, I simply do not rate him at all. I think he is defensively naive, physically incapable against strikers with power or pace and he makes too many mistakes and rash challenges.

Okore only needs to be average to be a huge improvement on Clark.

• Like 4

I had a perfect view of his yellow card. 

He'd lost the ball after failing to score an easy goal (all he had to do was poke it in), the ball was passed all the way out towards the left back position almost by the byline. Clark ran flat out at least 20 yards flew in with his studs up into the player. You could see the anger on his face as he was running towards the Crewe player, He wasn't going in to win the ball, he was going in to crunch the player. 

It was a disgusting challenge especially in a friendly game. He was never ever going to win that ball. Hope he doesn't have a place in our first 11 this season. 

Â