Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

What happened? Clark only played last 30 minutes tonight.

am still 100% sure what happened because there was no replays on the stream but it looked like Clark made a magnificent tackle on ....Vlaar!  which cost us a goal

am still not 100% sure what happened because there was no replays on the stream but it looked like Clark made a magnificent tackle on ....Vlaar!  which cost us a goal

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am still 100% sure what happened because there was no replays on the stream but it looked like Clark made a magnificent tackle on ....Vlaar! which cost us a goal

am still not 100% sure what happened because there was no replays on the stream but it looked like Clark made a magnificent tackle on ....Vlaar! which cost us a goal

You can say that again.

Clark doesn't seem to be progressing his game as much as we would hope, and is still making lots of mistakes even after three seasons in the first team squad. He should have gained vital experience over these last few years, he is not a new boy now he should be one of the more experienced heads in the dressing room. I don't know whether it is lack of concentration, or talent on his part, but If he is not careful He could well end up being labeled another Titus Bramble, by that I mean highly rated youngster who never learned from his mistakes and became a bit of a mediocre to poor defender. We need him to step up his game, I'm hoping he starts to cut out the rash decisions and becomes the defender we hoped he would. If not, then I don't see him being here in 12 months time.

Two years ago i was really excited at the future of both Clark and albrighton but both have really slipped away in the last 2 seasons and need to improve this season and get back some kind of form or be passed by other up and coming youngsters.

Two years ago i was really excited at the future of both Clark and albrighton but both have really slipped away in the last 2 seasons and need to improve this season and get back some kind of form or be passed by other up and coming youngsters.

Remember when he was linked with a move to United with Ashley Young to replace Giggs & Scholes.

OT but the Albrighton situation is slightly different as Albrighton has had injury problems coinciding with a loss of form, which was excellent at one point. Clark has had a good old run at it but has never been any good and that isn't changing.

OT but the Albrighton situation is slightly different as Albrighton has had injury problems coinciding with a loss of form, which was excellent at one point. Clark has had a good old run at it but has never been any good and that isn't changing.

I wouldn't say he's never been any good , under houllier he had a good season and looked a future captain but since then his game has gone to pot - really needs to get things back on track.

As folski says at one time he was being strongly linked with fergie.

Albrighton granted has had injuries but when fit in the last 2 years has looked a shadow of the player he was under houllier .

These players need to stand and deliver this season .

Not a good sign if he still has the howlers in him. Which he seems to have.

Seems to me like the type of player who will never get rid of this. Might be a Richard dunne type player, plenty of own goals and red cards on the horizon.

Seems to me like the type of player who will never get rid of this.

Yeah my hope for him was that the howlers were only there through a lack of experience. But there are players who seem to forever have that in their locker as well as the odd good performances (I'm thinking the legendary Titus Bramble here). If Ciaran can't get rid of the howlers then he's no good to us. At the moment that's still an 'if' but he needs to sort it pronto.

Seems to me like the type of player who will never get rid of this. Might be a Richard dunne type player, plenty of own goals and red cards on the horizon.

At least Dunne COULD defend though, despite the odd howler/own goal.  Clark is a crap defender, who makes lots of mistakes.

• Like 2

How many own goals did he get last year?

Just watched the highlights.

I think some people on here are being a bit harsh on Clark.

As a defender, he tried to slide in and get the ball after another player gave the ball away in a dangerous position. As Clark dived in, Vlaar was running towards him, and saw Clark was making a challenge and jumped out the way. IMO, Clark was doing the right thing by attempting to get the ball, and Vlaar was doing the right thing by jumping over Clark because he thought Clark was going to get it. An early shout from either player was needed to avoid that situation. 

To be fair, I think it was miscommunication between the two players - it can and does happen a lot between two central defenders in all levels of footy.

• Like 1

Â