Eric Lichaj

Rob182

Always liked Lichaj think people were too quick to right him off and I saw him during his loan spell at Leeds and he was really impressive (yes I know championship is different) but he is good defensively and attacking wise he contributes too.

For me Herd and Lichaj are two players who perhaps don't have the skill to be a top class player but have the determination to succeed as players.. not everyone will agree and that's fair enough.

Agreed. Will be good players for us, especially given the position we are. I think Lichaj has the potential to be a good Prem right back in time though. He certainly has the physique.

Guess you can also put Weimann in this category too.

I think he (and others) did more than enough today. Yea they were up against 2nd half but I have seen the older players do the same.

What we have right now is a bunch of kids with potential. You hope that turns into something but slagging them off before they have had a chance is just wrong. The only 1 that has had that chance and needs to now step up now is Albrighton. The others should be given time to improve and days like today will do that.

Look at other teams. They pay big money for potential and then have them sit on the bench. How long did it take for Bale to get up and running? I didn't notice any Henderson standing out today but isn't he meant to a superstar in the making.

He looks really promising. We should be playing him consistently even if he has a few bad games. Warnock has been pretty bad for the better part of 2 years. Lichaj can take over the LB spot.

For me Herd and Lichaj are two players who perhaps don't have the skill to be a top class player but have the determination to succeed as players.. not everyone will agree and that's fair enough.

its like the gabby/Luke Moore situation. One was very talented and one was hard working and the hard working player had better career

He looks really promising. We should be playing him consistently even if he has a few bad games. Warnock has been pretty bad for the better part of 2 years. Lichaj can take over the LB spot.

This. Would be happy for him to displace either Hutton at RB or Warnock at LB. He could really use a run of games now and hopefully if he continues to improve he will lock down one of those positions for next season.

Not to criticize the lad - but did people honestly think he played well yesterday ? - I thought he was hanging on to be honest. Even the MOTD highlights (6 mins) showed him being caught out twice.

I think we need to be more honest in our appraisals - and not just what we would like to see.

To be honest everyone had there fair share of mistakes. Lichaj wasn't our best player yesterday but he put in a good shift. Considering a lot of Liverpool's play came from their right hand side in the second half, I thought he did well. He also covered very well at the back post (when play was forced on their left hand side) on numerous occasions from my view at the game in the Kop 2nd half. I can't really comment much on the 1st half but I think being overzealous with Lichaj is justified of late. After all, we need to find positives somewhere as they are a rarity of late.

So the lad plays only his second game of late not on his natural side against some very good players who attack nearly all match and really he doesnt let us down once. Yet he's still getting knocked and people wonder why are players look nervous sometimes.

Nothing like encouragement for your own.

So the lad plays only his second game of late not on his natural side against some very good players who attack nearly all match and really he doesnt let us down once. Yet he's still getting knocked and people wonder why are players look nervous sometimes.

I thing your confusing encouragement with an honest appraisal of how he played yesterday. I really hope he goes on to be a top pro for us - and yes he was up against some top notch players yesterday that said- in my heart of hearts I would lying I thought he had a good game yesterday.

Lichaj played very well considering his lack of experience, especially at left back.

The MOTD highlights were quite unfavourable to us and ignored all the good work he, Collins and Baker did at the back yesterday. On the evidence of what I've seen so far from him, he is a much better proposition at right back than Hutton and I would also start him ahead of Warnock if the chance was there.

He seems quite comfortable in both positions... didn't he play left back for the USA as well as for Leeds? Shame we don't have two of him, he would solve our full back problems :D

I thing your confusing encouragement with an honest appraisal of how he played yesterday. I really hope he goes on to be a top pro for us - and yes he was up against some top notch players yesterday that said- in my heart of hearts I would lying I thought he had a good game yesterday.

He played fine. The whole team sat back (due to inexperience and nerves as much as anything else in my view) and he sat back with them.

May not have had the best of games but hes certainty better than Warnock

Warnock played out of position and did reasonably well there yesterday and he intercepted a Liverpool move that led to our goal.

In time Lichaj may end up a better player than Warnock as he is still relatively young and learning his trade but to say that he is better than Warnock now is probably, in my opinion, being a little bit of a 'Warnock Hater'

I thought he had another solid game.

Stronger than I thought he'd be and has a very good positional sense. Rarely gets caught with his pants down like Hutton. Made a couple mistakes but isn't a bonehead like Warnock and rarely gets beaten or tricked one on one.

He looked gassed near the end, but so did a lot of players. He's far less adventurous on the left though. I think he's more comfortable attacking with his preferred foot on the right.

Â