Eric Lichaj

Rob182

• 1 month later...
Lichaj gets his chance then with Hutton out.

I would imagine so. Herd is definitely capable of filling in as well but I think he's needed in the midfield at the moment. Wouldn't be surprised to see Herd at RB and Gardner starting next to Stan against Chelsea though as Eck seems to prefer a midfield that will be overrun

Lichaj did pretty well today. Even though we conceded 4, I can't blame him for any. He shut down Chelsea's wings and got forward well. Nice goal. He snuck into the box and was in the right spot to slot that ball into the net. Plus his thrown ins create chances.

I hope McLeish keeps Lichaj in over Hutton.

His determination is fantastic. The way he took a chance at the back post for his goal was brilliant. Nine times out of ten a quality FB like Ashley Cole takes care of that situation and he's bust a gut for nothing. Well done Eric.

The way he's obviously worked hard to add the long throw to his game is also a real credit to him, and should be a useful weapon for us in future.

He also seems pretty quick. Am I wrong?

Yeah he did well today, defensively and offensively. An assist and a goal. I bloody hope he keeps his place. Gotta say, Warnock on the other side has improved after going through an absolutely shocking period too.

Yeah he did well today, defensively and offensively. An assist and a goal. I bloody hope he keeps his place. Gotta say, Warnock on the other side has improved after going through an absolutely shocking period too.

Agreed, both full backs deserve credit for their performances today.

His determination is fantastic. The way he took a chance at the back post for his goal was brilliant. Nine times out of ten a quality FB like Ashley Cole takes care of that situation and he's bust a gut for nothing. Well done Eric.

The way he's obviously worked hard to add the long throw to his game is also a real credit to him, and should be a useful weapon for us in future.

He also seems pretty quick. Am I wrong?

Lichaj is really quick. He out sprinted Sturridge multiple times and last year he made Bale his bitch.

Have to say he is the most aggressive right back I have seen since Cafu(though not on a similar level but he gets in box a lot for a full back)

Think he has 2 from 2 starts as he scored vs Hereford, dont think he started another game this season

Â