Eric Lichaj

Rob182

Our kids simple don't let us down, what they lose for lack of experience they make up for in guile and effort.

How can you say that when every game we play with the kids (many of whom are 20+) we loose ?

The sooner the blinkers are off about these kids the better. The more we rely on them the worse the results. Last season as well as this.

I think it is more to do with playing the "right" kids. Although I agree that some of these are too old to be called kids anymore.

We need fighters at the moment. I believe we have only 2 in our "kids". Herd and Lichaj. Herd especially.

Our kids simple don't let us down, what they lose for lack of experience they make up for in guile and effort.

How can you say that when every game we play with the kids (many of whom are 20+) we loose ?

The sooner the blinkers are off about these kids the better. The more we rely on them the worse the results. Last season as well as this.

I think it is more to do with playing the "right" kids. Although I agree that some of these are too old to be called kids anymore.

We need fighters at the moment. I believe we have only 2 in our "kids". Herd and Lichaj. Herd especially.

I don't agree - I think we need experience. In a relegation battle, had we the choice - I would always choose the experienced pros over 'kids'. The upsurge last season was on the whole when the kids were dropped - and the experienced pros got back from injury.

If we are forced to field the line up V chelsea many more times this season - I really fear for us.

I don't agree - I think we need experience. In a relegation battle, had we the choice - I would always choose the experienced pros over 'kids'. The upsurge last season was on the whole when the kids were dropped - and the experienced pros got back from injury.

If we are forced to field the line up V chelsea many more times this season - I really fear for us.

So Hutton or Warnock over Lichaj? Delph over Herd?

I agree with the likes of Bannan, Gardner, Clark etc

But I would rather see Lichaj bust a gut to get on the end of a cross than Hutton standing back. Or even Warnock beached on the half way line.

But its the 'experience' of our more established players that have led us to this mess for two years running. Their 'experience' coupled with their 'couldnt give a shit' attitude.

But its the 'experience' of our more established players that have led us to this mess for two years running. Their 'experience' coupled with their 'couldnt give a shit' attitude.

The experienced players have slumped from top 6 - to well down the table granted. But the decline accelerates when the kids are in - look at last season, with Johny Hogg, Bannan, Albrighton - we barley got a point - yet when the pros came back - things did pick up - and by the season end I think only albrighton, of the kids was getting a game.

This season we have hovered slightly below midtable for most of it - with the loss of Bent, Petrov, Dunne, - and the intro of kids as replacements the decline has accelerated.

I don't have that much faith in the senior pro's - but I have even less in the kids. -

What kind of message would it show to the players that if you play well, you still will be replaced by whomever Mcleish wants no matter how bad that player has been of late?

Do you want to 'send the right message' or stay in the division.

As say last season we had a disastrous run with Bannan, Hogg, Albrighton - it improved when the above trio were dropped an the experienced players brought back. - This kept us in the prem - Hogg was sold, Bannan and Albrighton became fringe players - IMO being dropped for the run in hasn't altered there career path (neither were good enough )

I couldn't really give a shit about messages - its about staying in the prem

I expressed doubts over Lichaj coming in for Hutton - who I don't even rate - and I think Lichaj did enough in the Chelsea match to sooth my fears. Let's face it, a choice between Lichaj and Hutton is not the most important issue we are facing, since Hutton is wank on the whole and even when he is playing 'well' he's basically wank with extra mayonnaise. Just play Eric as a reward for his good performance.

I wouldn't play him over Warnock as we have enough wrong-sided players on the flanks already. Warnock's put in a threatening cross or two over the last few games and we need all the goal threat we can get in our situation.

But your basing your opinion solely on the end product, The results will turn for the kids, they lack the experience to see games out.

But i'd sooner get behind a team of Hungry, young, driven, athletic pros who want to fight for themselves, each other and the shirt, than watch the likes of Dunne/Warnock plodding through games being completely unprofessional and being constant liabilities.

Regardless of if its a senior or a youngster the end result is pretty much the same, we lose.

We may aswell have these kids in to give them the experience they need.

The experienced players have slumped from top 6 - to well down the table granted. But the decline accelerates when the kids are in - look at last season, with Johny Hogg, Bannan, Albrighton - we barley got a point - yet when the pros came back - things did pick up - and by the season end I think only albrighton, of the kids was getting a game.

This season we have hovered slightly below midtable for most of it - with the loss of Bent, Petrov, Dunne, - and the intro of kids as replacements the decline has accelerated.

I don't have that much faith in the senior pro's - but I have even less in the kids. -

the big problem is most of the senior pros dont like mcleish or grant so they cant get a performance from them.

even gabby is starting to hate every minute of life at the club

I totally agree with this people seem to be blind to some of the performances these kids are putting in. Albrighton has consistently failed to under achieve (I don't count the odd game as being good enough), Bannan is light weight, when we played Herd at LB at Wolves he was so poor he had to come off, Baker was an accident waiting to happen against Chelsea.....

I totally agree with this people seem to be blind to some of the performances these kids are putting in. Albrighton has consistently failed to under achieve (I don't count the odd game as being good enough), Bannan is light weight, when we played Herd at LB at Wolves he was so poor he had to come off, Baker was an accident waiting to happen against Chelsea.....

You anti youth players advocates also seem to forget that even when we play a side practically void of youth we still lose. It doesn't matter who we play at least the youth can string some decent passes together, we may just lose with a bit more style with the kids playing.

The fact that this thread has 27 pages tells me many fans are rating our youngsters too highly and expecting too much from them.

You might be right, but Given that we are not going to attract good players to Villa, then playing our inexperienced prospects and allowing them to improve is essential if we want to survive over the next 2/3 seasons imo.

the big problem is most of the senior pros dont like mcleish or grant so they cant get a performance from them.

even gabby is starting to hate every minute of life at the club

We're going massively off topic here but we really have been here before, seniors not liking the management, not getting them to perform.

Absolute bollox, the players should have the pride to play for themselves.

That's what we get with the kids. Self pride, honour to wear the shirt.

On the subject of Lichaj, another great performance.

Always liked Lichaj think people were too quick to right him off and I saw him during his loan spell at Leeds and he was really impressive (yes I know championship is different) but he is good defensively and attacking wise he contributes too.

For me Herd and Lichaj are two players who perhaps don't have the skill to be a top class player but have the determination to succeed as players.. not everyone will agree and that's fair enough.

Â